Website Finance / Accounting
Reference Code: 4924
Automotive Engineering company
Great pay + solid bonus + good relocation
Our client, a multinational automotive engineering company is seeking an Accounting Manager for their corporate office just outside of Lansing, MI. This person will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information, prepare financial reports, conduct studies which provide detailed cost information, and prepare budget by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers. Follows reporting routines/standards as required by parent company.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures, including budget preparation.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting and cost accounting system.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, expenditures, and cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Collects appropriate data and assists in preparation of federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property loss and potential liabilities.
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts.
- Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
- Understand and follow all required GPS standards.
- Any task deemed necessary by Management.
- Supervises Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable personnel
- May directly supervise one or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university; at least 3 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Automotive industry experience preferred.
Please send your resume to Malik.Khan@blueStoneStaffing.com
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com