Administrative Assistant I
Reference Code: 4964
Position Title: Administrative Assistant I, 16479-1
Location: ONSITE, Waltham, MA, 02451
Duration: 6 months contract
Comments for Suppliers:
- Candidate must be able to travel to the Waltham MA office. A portion of the work time will require filing records on site.
- This position will also support the Community Resource Coordinator team in their every day tasks. The Community Resource Coordinator team has been working short staffed with 2 employees who have been out on extended leaves of absence for greater than 5 months. This is affecting compliance and regulatory requirements.
Candidate must be able to travel to the Waltham, MA office. A portion of the work time will require filing records on site. This position will also support the Community Resource Coordinator team in their every day tasks.
• HS or Associates Degree
• Tech savvy –will need laptop and office phone
• Able to speak with members on the phone in a professional manner
• Must be able to travel on site to Waltham MA
Day to day tasks
• Organizing and filing hard copy member records (this is to prepare for the CMS audit) – this will be the #1 task to complete first. If our company is to be audited during their 6 month time frame, they will need to be on-site in Waltham to search for those records if needed.
• Will be trained in the Member Electronic Record where they will assist with conducting health plan telephonic assessments—this supports our Community Support Coordinator team.
• Assist with processing service plans for health plan members in collaboration with the State Elder Services agencies—this supports our Community Support team
Summary: Under direct supervision, provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals. Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary. Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review. Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Performs administrative and office support activities.
- Answers and transfers incoming telephone calls.
- Receives and directs visitors.
- Performs word processing, filing, and email/faxing.
- Extensive software skills & competencies are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Includes: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and also preferably a familiarity with Visio, Project and Access)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Required Education: High School or GED
- 0-2 years experience in an administrative role.
- Microsoft Excel with formatting and developing spreadsheets experience.