Advanced Industrial Engineer
Our client, a world-class medical device manufacturer, is currently looking to hire an Advanced Industrial Engineer for their Winston-Salem area facility. This person will be responsible for the design and development of manufacturing processes and implementation of those processes for new medical device products, from product concept through successful production launch.
The advanced industrial engineer will work with the product development and manufacturing teams to design, develop and implement new product and manufacturing processes into mass production.
These activities will include designing material workflow, process layout, and human factors associated with new process designs and financial impacts associated with these designs to generate accurate costs.
Travel is project based, typically 20-30% but could increase depending upon scale of activities.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 5 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment with working knowledge of new process designs and layouts
- Demonstrated experience designing efficient processes and process layouts for new product manufacturing including equipment, workflow, material handling etc.
- Demonstrated experience determining financial impact of product and process designs
- Ability to manage projects across diverse requirements that meet budget, cost and timing expectations.
- CAD experience (CATIA, UG, Solidworks or related software)
- IS01345 and/or FDA compliance
- Six Sigma/DFSS a plus
- Lean manufacturing a plus
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in the Winston-Salem, NC area with 20-30% travel.