Analyst/Developer – Generic II
Reference Code: 4854
Position Title: Analyst/Developer – Generic II
Location: REMOTE, Long Beach, CA 90802
Duration: 3 months contract with possible extension
Target start date: 3/22/2021
- 100% remote. Candidate can be located anywhere in US to qualify.
- No time zone requirements
Must have requirements:
- 3-5 Years Tableau and Pharmacy Claims experience:
- The Tableau analyst will serve as a technical resource to develop and enhance reports and dashboards. He/She will access and integrate data from the various Healthcare systems (QNXT, Medlnsight, (pharmacy ,etc.), create actionable management reports that can be used to analyze costs and quality, analyze results and identify opportunities to manage costs and improve quality.
- He/She will prepare data for use in Tableau, develop extracts, publish data sources/workbooks, develop custom scripts, coordinate releases of data and workbooks as well as perform complex analytics.
- Report observations to manager, pointing out areas of concern inaccuracy, cost trends, and efficiency.
- Extract and upload information including large data sets from various systems to support team needs. This resource is utilized for ad hoc requests for pharmacy, medical expenses, and enrollment data by other members of the team.
- Assist in preparation of reports produced regularly to support executive decision-making.
- Research and analyze report results identifying opportunities and trends.
- Develop efficient reporting methods.
- Support team members when additional analytics are required for pharmacy costs.
- Ability to be a self-starter, motivated, energetic worker knowledge of Tableau or other BI software.
- Knowledge of healthcare and prescription drug claims data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to use data cubes to extract data and reports from data warehouse. Intermediate level of programming is desired.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to abide by policies
- Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- BA or BS in Biostatistics, Public Health, Statistics, Mathematics, or Health Care or related field required.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in data analytics and visualization.
- Experience with MS Office applications required, especially strong Excel skill.
- Skill with SQL or SAS.
- Alternate programming experience may substitute.
- Experience with data management and analysis preferred.
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Some experience in health care industry or pharmacy claims desired.
• Add or Creating Dimensions, Measures and Calculations
• Perform Data Modeling in Tableau Desktop
• Develop workbooks and extracts on Tableau Desktop
• Publish workbooks and data sources to Tableau Development and QA sites
• Refreshing extracts on development and QA sites
• Monitoring the status of extract schedules on QA and prod sites
• Perform unit testing on development and QA sites.
• Resolve any data or performance issues related to workbooks and data source issues
• Request access for interactors and viewers.
• Follow up with stakeholders for dashboard/extract approvals
• Provide knowledge transfer and support for interactors and viewers
• Coordinate with Tableau Admin Team deployment of enhancements/upgrades to software
• Providing support for Tableau issues reported by our end users
• Monitor usage report of workbooks and data Sources
• Documentation of supporting material on use of dashboards
• Documentation – BRDs, RRDs, SOP's
• Effort management: Facilitate meetings to gather requestor requirements, status updates, working with our support groups (EIM), and occasional client surveying