Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5344
Title: Android Developer
Location: Warren, Michigan 48093
Duration: 1 Year Contract to hire
Type: Contract to hire
Pay Rate: $75-$80/hr.
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Android Developer who will be responsible for building and maintaining Android applications for connected Automotive Vehicle.
The Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions Team is seeking an ambitious and creative software engineer who will contribute to the development of new Telematics/Infotainment applications that are downloaded and/or directly integrated to in-vehicle infotainment.
As a member of the in-vehicle applications team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and other engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, and deliver ground breaking applications that re-define the driving experience.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- The Software Engineer will be responsible for application development and support including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing and code debugging leveraging the Scrum framework.
- This person will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and Agile environment and will contribute to team commitments and deliverables. This person will:
- Proficiently build and maintain Android applications that contribute to the connected car feature roadmap.
- Generate automated test cases based on feature development within applications.
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work based on sprint planning.
- Perform and participate in root cause analysis of coding defects.
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments.
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members.
- Pair program with different people in many situations as dictated by sprint planning strategies.
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks.
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology.
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn and build expertise.
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages.
- Contribute to a strong team using their collaboration skills.
- Perform manual unit and regression test cases as situationally required to support swarming on open tasks within a sprint.
- Prospective candidates possess a high degree of creativity, problem-solving skills, a drive for results, the ability to prioritize and break-down complex tasks, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field of study along with applicable work experience.
- Experience with Android UI design (including custom views).
- Experience writing Android clients for Web Services (REST, RPC, and/or SOAP).
- Experience with Android Activities and Fragments.
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms.
- Firm understanding of Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Handlers and AIDL.
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience using source code control systems such as Git and pull request processes.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Needs good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Experience with native Android UI development for embedded (vehicle) systems.
- Experience with Kotlin and RX Java methods.
- Thorough knowledge of evolving Android platforms (Android M, Android P, etc).
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including XP practices, test-driven development and pair programming.
- Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines.
- Experience with mapping and search providers.
- Experience with other Google APIs (licensing, in-app billing, etc).
- Experience leveraging Android Widgets.
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization.
- Experience with Alexa and Google assistant Skill/Action development.
For more information, please email Cheryl Fisher at email@example.com. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Cheryl.Fisher@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!