Reference Code: 7353
Application Product Owner
Location: Beloit, WI (Hybrid: 2-3 days on-site)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Duration: 6 months, then convert full time
Our client, a one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of roofing and building supplies, is looking to hire an Application Product Owner who is responsible for the development and management of new and existing applications that will drive user adoption, productivity, revenue growth and profitability. You will play a leadership role, collaborating with outstanding technical and design teams in the creation of industry leading solutions. In general, the IT Application Owner will partner with IT and business stakeholders, and 3rd party solution providers to prioritize and develop the application features. The IT Application Owner serves as the conduit between the user community and technology through which requirements and application capabilities are assessed and balanced. The IT Application Owner maintains continuous involvement in the application throughout the application?s life cycle.
- Collaborate with IT and business stakeholders, to understand new idea requests and evaluate against Application Roadmap for prioritization, including application selection, benefit analysis, and procurement of resources
- Prioritize changes and defects in the application backlog to ensure development is working on the right things in the right order.
- Identify cross-team business process impacts and potential integration needs, in collaboration with IT stakeholders.
- Accountable for understanding the dependencies with other systems in terms of content, frequency, and method. Accountable to ensure documentation of dependencies is socialized with impacted teams.
- Support business rules and application user story development and convey these to the application and integration teams for use in application development.
- Maintain continuous engagement with stakeholders, ensuring solution aligns with expectations.
- Verify that application team understands application use cases and is taking these into account during application development, thereby ensuring that the application is providing value for the end customers and business stakeholders.
- Work with external solution providers to establish SLAs that will meet business stakeholder?s expectations with performance, system uptime and support.
- Work with the internal and external application teams to determine releases, coordinate these to meet stakeholder needs, and ensure communications are planned for impacted users and support personnel.
- Maintain awareness of application updates and releases and communicate these to business stakeholders. Assess impacts to any dependent systems and communicate these accordingly.
- Ensure outages and critical failures are escalated for resolution and communicated to users using established channels. Accountable for ensuring issues are resolved by IT Operations and external application teams.
- Relationship Management: Develop and manage relationships with various business stakeholders, IT partners and external vendors to understand organizational needs, processes, and goals when it comes to vendor provided solutions.
- Strategic planning: Creating and maintaining a Vendor Management framework to align organizational needs with the vendor application roadmap
- Innovation: Identifying opportunities where enhancements of existing technology can support the business stakeholder?s strategic roadmaps in partnership with the business relationship manager.
- Product/Service Development: Engage with solution providers to deliver new or enhanced business capabilities utilizing best practices for software or service development
- Product/Service Governance: Develop KPI?s to monitor performance and overall service from external vendors and associated applications.
- Technology Concepts: Embraces ongoing learning about new technologies and applications. Collaborates with Business Relationship Manager to identify technology opportunities to be presented to business stakeholders.
For more information, please call our Recruiter directly at 847.440.2458. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!