Website Big Data
Reference Code: 8102
Job Title: BI & Data Architect
Employment Type: Direct Hire – Full Time
Location: Detroit, MI
Role Type: Hybrid – No set schedule (It is unpredictable therefore the resource MUST live within reasonable driving distance)
Base Pay Range: $150,000 – $170,000
The mission of this role: The mission of this role is to architect and enable a platform that can provide high-quality data for business consumption and define a standard BI framework to meet the enterprise's current and long-term data requirements.
Scope of the role: Develop a data architecture to define how the data is collected, integrated, enhanced, stored, and delivered to business to enable effective business decision-making.
- Develop and maintain an integrated, domain-oriented, conceptual enterprise data model representing essential data produced and consumed across the enterprise.
- Develop reference architecture for high performance and scalability for data integration, modeling, visualization layer, infrastructure, etc.
- Continuously evolving Business Intelligence and Reporting roadmap and on consolidation of reporting platforms, including Data modeling and visualization.
- Define templates for branding and ensure that the look of any family of dashboards and reports is consistent and recognizable.
Key experience required:
- Bachelor?s degree in computer science, MIS, statistics, business, or other quantitative fields.
- 10+ years defining and developing Data Architecture.
- Hands-on professional creation of advanced data visualization and dashboards.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, and data modeling.
- Strong experience with data warehouse/data lake development techniques.
- Strong business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners.
- Proven experience in designing, developing, and implementing Qlik dashboards on Qlik Server.
- Data Visualization & Reporting experience on at least one other data visualization tool such as Qliksense, Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and ETL solutions such as SQL Server, Snowflake, Azure, Databricks, Informatica, or similar.
- Ability to represent complex business data to put the user experience front and center.
- Lead performance tuning activities to optimize the dashboard performance.
- Knowledge of Big Data platforms ? Hadoop.
- Knowledge of Data Science & programming such as Python, R, SQL, SAS, Java.
Technical and Functional Competencies
- Strategy and planning skills. The ability to plan, goal set and prioritize in consideration of the company?s overall strategic objectives.
- Understanding of the process for planning, creating, and deploying information systems.
- Create a strategic roadmap, outlining short- and long-term core planning goals through the application of technology solutions.
- Capable to break down complex challenges into manageable parts.
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects necessary within job scope.
- Conduct enterprise analysis, design, planning and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of system domains, system integration and design as well as emerging technologies trends and practices.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships and deliverables timely.
- Drives team towards greater levels of performance & accountability.
- Will be working with the C-Suite to develop the strategy
- The position requires a visionary.
- Need this resource to have “been there, done that”
- Will manage 3rd party relationships – Will manage software / data solution vendor relationships
- It would be helpful but not required to come out of a SAP environment
- Microsoft technology is a standard throughout the enterprise
For more information, please call our Recruiter directly at 847.440.2458. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to email@example.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!