Business Analyst II
Reference Code: 4809
Position Title: Business Analyst II, 15769-1
Location: 100% remote position, Long Beach, CA 90802
Duration: 3 months contract with possible extension
100% remote position – candidate can be located anywhere in the US to qualify for the position. Must be able to work EST time zone
Shift time: 8am – 5pm EST
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Program Manager or designee, the Business System Analyst is responsible for compiling, translating, testing and reporting on the business and clinical requirements of the Pharmacy Operations team. These business and clinical requirements are then translated into functional and technical requirements for use in the development, testing, enhancement, and modification of the various applications.
The Business Analyst acts as both an independent contributor and part of a team. This role requires strong communication and collaboration skills as there will be extensive interaction within the high-level executive stakeholders. Additionally, the Business Analyst is hands-on with pharmacy claims data, including ability to understand reports to help support data-driven decision making.
• Solid experience using industry-standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and waterfall Methodology, and Syst Eng working and working on IT projects and Pharmacy related projects.
• Leads requirement gathering sessions with stakeholders (VP’s and Directors) and communicates with cross functional teams for analysis and evaluation of business problems, root cause analysis and development of system recommendations to meet requirements.
• Interviews and translates high-level business requirements into BRD’s (business requirement document), FRD’s (functional specifications), user stories, process flow/workflow diagrams, traceability matrix, and charts for product and application development.
• Write and execute user acceptance test plans/scenarios (manual and automated) and analyze results.
• Combines understanding of IT and business processes to recommend solutions.
• Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business and user requirements.
• Report and triage bugs/issues (production and stage) to determine next steps.
• Strong knowledge on reporting, SQL and databases is desired.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of related experience, including some project management experience.
• Expert at documenting Business and technical Requirement artifacts (BRD’s, FRD’s, User Stories)
• Must have strong leadership skills (facilitation, ownership, as questions, connect the dots, etc.)
• Must be able to provide solutions and understand breadth of project.
• Must have strong communications skills as position will require interaction with stakeholders
• Must be able to manage multiple, activities and tasks under time constraints
• Must be able to effectively influence, convince and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
• Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing, business/technology concepts across all levels of organization
• Demonstrated ability to work in complex environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with an ability to take ownership of tasks.
• Experience working on IT projects and Pharmacy related projects
High Desired Skills:
• Professional knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal/Medicaid, Managed Medicaid and managed care health plans. Knowledge of CPT and HCPCS codes and medical terminology
• Candidate should have working knowledge of Pharmacy related projects and Utilization Management experience.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite along with MS Visio, MS SharePoint.