Business Analyst II
Reference Code: 4240
Position Title: Business Analyst II, 12448-1
Location: Remote position
Duration: 3 months
PR: $35/hr W2 with benefits
Note: 100% remote position. Candidate can be located anywhere in US
Other Skills: Agile methodology, JIRA or similar, Visio, MS Project or similar, Sharepoint, MS Office Suite, knowledge of programming language SQL/SAS
- Responsible for small to medium sized analytical projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver business solutions and services to the department.
- Interacts closely with internal staff, external corporate departments, and Health Plans to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, and project status reports/communications.
- Projects may vary to include the following: system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, implementation of new state health plans, and implementation of new product lines.
- Develop new business process flow requirements and functional specifications for projects. Plan and create deliverables which effectively detail and communicate analysis results. Transition knowledge to/from operational business resources. Interfaces, when appropriate, with all areas affected by the project to include internal subject matter experts, external corporate departments, and Health Plans.
- Acts as a liaison for department on enterprise wide. Leads aspects of assigned projects throughout the development project lifecycle using Agile methodology.
- Develops and maintains project backlog tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
- Revises project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Prepares and submits project status reports to management.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project status update meetings.
- Develops process workflows as it relates to assigned projects and/or to support internal process improvement initiatives.
- Interfaces, when appropriate, with all areas affected by the project to include internal subject matter experts, external corporate departments, and Health Plans.
- Acts as a liaison for department on enterprise wide projects.
- Collaborates well with all levels of personnel within the company; and provides exemplary customer service.
- Complies with required workplace safety standards.
- Ability to assimilate and articulate simple business solutions and project approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong consultative, customer-focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to be flexible while adapting quickly to change
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Analysis, synthesis, and problem-solving skills
- Deductive and inductive thinking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to make effective business decisions
- Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing workload
- Ability to define and develop an effective project approach for a variety of projects, including projects with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to organize complexity into successfully manageable work plans
- Ability to estimate staffing requirements, including resource skills, and assemble a team
- Ability to predict risk areas and have mitigation/contingency strategies designed
- Can effectively manage and resolve project issues as well as proactively planning to prevent issues
- Ability to clearly articulate the primary functions in a health plan, as well as major health plan sub-processes, key roles, technology applications and their interaction
- Ability to clearly articulate the differences between health plan lines of business and product lines
- Demonstrate understanding of how changes to process and/or technology impact key health plan operational and financial performance metrics
- Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Required Experience: 3-5 years business analysis or project management
- 2-3 years systems implementation experience