Business Analyst II
Reference Code: 4490
Position Title: Business Analyst II
Location: 100% remote position, Long Beach, CA 90802
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Target start date: 12/14/2020
• Position will assist client with developing new Prior Authorization program
• Experience using industry-standard methodologies like System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodology, and Syst Eng
• Position is responsible for requirement gathering with end users and communicating with cross functional teams for analysis and evaluation of user business problems and development of system recommendations to meet requirements.
• Combines understanding of IT and business processes to recommend solutions. Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business and user requirements.
• Interviews and translates high-level business requirements into BRD’s (business requirement document), FRD’s (functional specifications), user stories, and process flow charts for product and application development.
• Write and execute user acceptance test plans/scenarios (manual and automated) and analyze results.
• Report and triage bugs/issues (production and stage) to determine next steps.
• Knowledge of SQL and databases highly desirable.
High Desired Skills:
• Ensure consistency of using correct evidence based clinical criteria/guidelines, health plan specific guidelines, meeting turn-around time (TAT) requirements, accurate reflection of denial type, and the use of concise and grade level appropriate denial language utilizing the most current health plan specific, approved denial templates under appropriate state and federal requirements/regulations.
• Candidate should have working knowledge of Prior Authorization and/or Utilization Management experience.
• Professional knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal/Medicaid, Managed Medicaid and managed care health plans. Knowledge of CPT and HCPCS codes and medical terminology
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite along with MS Visio, MS SharePoint.
• Strong leadership skills (facilitation, ownership, as questions, connect the dots, etc.)
• Must be able to provide solutions and understand breadth of project.
• Must have strong communications skills as position will require interaction with stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple, activities and tasks under time constraints
• Ability to effectively influence, convince and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing, business/technology concepts across all levels of organization