Business Analyst III
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 4815
Position Title: Business Analyst III
Location: 100% remote position, Long Beach, CA 90802
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
Target start date: 4/1/2021
- 100% remote position, however candidate must be able to work PST hours
- Health plan experience is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have the following experience/skill set: Capable of business requirements gathering. Ability to communicate requirements to IT counterparts. Very experienced with Excel. Able to complete thorough analysis and derive conclusions and propose next steps. SQL skills not required, but preferred. Able to write business requirements. Must be able to understand root cause analysis and have strong problem solving skills.
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to manage cross functional teams.
- Develop new business process flow requirements and functional specifications for projects. Plan and create deliverables which effectively detail and communicate analysis results.
- Transition knowledge to/from operational business resources.
- Work with Payroll and management to ensure business needs are addressed with appropriate priority.
- Track and report status and issues to appropriate parties. Accountable for delivering work products that comply with regulatory and/or contractual requirements. Travel to sites may be required.
- Work directly with managers and partners to understand their business needs, strategies, priorities and key issues.
- Assimilate and document this information into business requirements.
- Develop process flow for functions; develop resources to assist operational functions between clients and departments.
- Liaison to departments ensuring strategic solutions meets business requirements.
- Trainer for departments with new products and services implementations.
- Perform orientation presentations for new hire on boarding process.
- Work closely with managers and Special Projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by policies
- Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) ? Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Emphasis in business operations/management preferred.
- Will accept experience in lieu of formal education.
- Required Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years proven analytical experience.
Comments for Suppliers:
- Candidates must be capable of business requirements gathering.
- Ability to communicate requirements to IT counterparts. Very experienced with Excel.
- Able to complete thorough analysis and derive conclusions and propose next steps.
- SQL skills not required, but preferred.