Website Supply Chain
Reference Code: 4657
Our client, a large international automotive and defense organization, is currently seeking an experienced Buyer to work from their corporate office in Sterling Heights, MI. The Buyer is a key role within the Supply Chain team and is responsible for the competitive procurement of a variety of products and services to support overall operations and strategic metrics, with a particular focus on quality, cost, and timing. This role is in direct support to the teams developing critical Military Vehicle systems.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactively develop and manage supply base to ensure best in class quality, cost, delivery, and technical capability.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks related to supply base
- Issue and maintain purchase orders
- Generate, distribute, follow-up and analyze Requests for Quote
- Negotiation of supplier agreements and T&C’s
- Assess suppliers’ capabilities on quality, delivery and commercial capability
- Understand government regulations and restrictions such as ITAR, and FAR
- Drive cost savings initiatives such as annual price review, VA/VE, and others as assigned
- Commodity strategy development
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Occasional travel to Europe may be required.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain SECRET US Defense clearance
- BS in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field is required
- 6-10 years supply chain and purchasing experience
- Purchasing experience supporting large complex US Defense programs
- Experience with bid capture, contract negotiations and delivery planning
- Knowledge of the US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and acquisition
- Familiarity with the US Army TACOM / TARDEC organizations
- Practical ‘hands on’ attitude with the ability to operate independently
- Knowledge of Military Standards and regulations
- Experience with supply chain management and purchasing in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) contracting requirements preferred
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Sterling Heights, MI.
Find out more about blueStone Staffing at: https://bluestonestaffing.com.