Website Supply Chain
Reference Code: 4896
Rheinmetall AG is an internationally successful Automotive and Defense company with locations around the globe. Rheinmetall Defence is Europe’s foremost supplier of defense technologies and a longstanding partner of the US Army. Headquartered in Germany, Rheinmetall Defence has representation in sixteen countries. Rheinmetall Defence products set the global standard for excellence in a wide array of disciplines ranging from vehicles, force protection, and weapon systems to infantry equipment, air defense, network-enabled warfare capabilities, electro-optics, and simulation technology. Rheinmetall has spent decades pioneering new technologies, systematically expanding its range of products in this critical field.
The Buyer is a key role within the Supply Chain team and is responsible for the competitive procurement of a variety of products and services to support overall operations and strategic metrics, with a particular focus on quality, cost, and timing to meet ARV and customer needs. This role is in direct support to the Program Management and Engineering teams developing critical Combat Vehicle systems.
- Proactively develop and manage supply base to ensure best in class quality, cost, delivery, and technical capability.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks related to supply base
- Work cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Issue and maintain purchase orders
- Generate, distribute, follow-up and analyze Requests for Quote
- Negotiation of supplier agreements and T&C’s
- Issue, collect, negotiate and analyze RFQ's and cost breakdowns with new and existing suppliers
- Assess suppliers capabilities on quality, delivery and commercial capability
- Understand government regulations and restrictions such as ITAR, and FAR
- Enhance supply chain processes and procedures where necessary to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon production schedule and other program requirements.
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Drive cost savings initiatives such as annual price review, VA/VE, and others as assigned
- Commodity strategy development
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Occasional travel to Europe may be required.
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Supply Chain Manager.
- BS in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field
- 6-10 years supply chain and purchasing experience
- Preferred: Purchasing experience supporting large complex US Defense programs
- Experience with bid capture, contract negotiations and delivery planning
- Familiarity with the US DoD ground vehicle
- Knowledge of the US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and acquisition
- Familiarity with the US Army TACOM / TARDEC organizations
- Practical ‘hands on’ attitude with the ability to operate independently
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain SECRET US Defense clearance
- Knowledge of Military Standards and regulations
- Experience working in a multi-national, multi-organizational and corporate environment
- Experience with supply chain management and purchasing in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) contracting requirements preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under time constraints in a high paced environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and be able to assimilate complex instructions easily. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to establish productive relationships. Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills is required. Must possess the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that makes sense to someone less knowledgeable about the topic.
- Strategic Thinking and Decisive Judgment: Must demonstrate an enthusiasm to engage with and support overseas colleagues to ensure all staff have the information and opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Teamwork: Must promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across the organization and its external service providers. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and work with integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
- Customer Oriented: Must display exceptional listening and analytical skills in order to understand customer concerns and needs with the ability to respond promptly and effectively to those needs.
- Leadership: Shall support and encourage performance by motivating individuals and teams to achieve high performance. Will clarify and define the goals and strategies of the organization and successfully communicate this to all. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with the US team, suppliers, customer, and corporate parent staff.
- Drive for Results: High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing “analysis” with “doing”. Must be adaptable and able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work on own initiative.
- US Project and Engineering Teams
- Rheinmetall Engineering and Management
- Corporate Team as required
- PEO GCS, NGCV CFT, US Program Team(s), US Army TACOM, US Army TARDEC
- Third party contractors and suppliers
- Commercial partners
- Validation / Qualification test facilities
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods