Care Review Clinician I
Reference Code: 4422
Position Title: Care Review Clinician I
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
Desired Start Date: 11/23/2020 – 01/23/2021
Location: Dallas, TX, 75235
Care Review Clinician – Inpatient Review Nurse (RN)
Must have requirements: must have prior Inpatient UM experience and experience with InterQual.
Day to day responsibilities: Review UM authorizations of emergent inpatient stays
Required Licensure: must have a Texas RN license or a compact state license
What is the shift schedule/hours? Will include one weekend day each week. 8 or 10 hour shifts/ 4-5 days a week; would also accept part time as long as the part time work is during the weekend.
- Works with the Utilization Management team primarily responsible for inpatient medical necessity/utilization review and other utilization management activities aimed at providing Molina Healthcare members with the right care at the right place at the right time. Provides daily review and evaluation of members that require hospitalization and/or procedures providing prior authorizations and/or concurrent review.
- Assesses services for Molina Members to ensure optimum outcomes, cost effectiveness and compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Provides concurrent review and prior authorizations (as needed) according to policy for members as part of the Utilization Management team.
- Identifies appropriate benefits, eligibility, and expected length of stay for members requesting treatments and/or procedures.
- Participates in interdepartmental integration and collaboration to enhance the continuity of care for members including Behavioral Health and Long Term Care.
- Maintains department productivity and quality measures.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Assists with mentoring of new team members.
- Completes assigned work plan objectives and projects on a timely basis.
- Maintains professional relationships with provider community and internal and external customers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company Code of Conduct.
- Consults with and refers cases to medical directors regularly, as necessary.
- Complies with required workplace safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
- Excellent organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
- In depth knowledge of Interqual and other references for length of stay and medical necessity determinations.
- Experience with NCQA.
- Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion.
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Office Products).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to abide by policies.
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers.
- Required Education: Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing program. (a combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of Registered Nursing degree).
- Required Experience: Minimum 0-2 years of clinical practice. Preferably hospital nursing, utilization management, and/or case management.
- Required Licensure/Certification: Active, unrestricted State Nursing (RN, LVN, LPN) license in good standing.