Case Manager I
Reference Code: 4548
Position Title: Care Manager I
Location: REMOTE, Franklin County, OH, 39049
Duration: 2 months, 5 days with possible extension
Candidate must be located in Central Ohio (Franklin County and surrounding counties).
Position is 100% telephonic currently, but may require face-to-face visits in the future.
The requirements would be an RN, BSN, LSW, MSW, LISW with previous healthcare experience – case management a plus. Waiver/LTSS a plus.
For nurses – home health, hospital experience. For both disciplines – community work in general is helpful.
Day to day duties are: managing a caseload of roughly 70 – 80 members, including the completion of health assessments, care plans/updates, telephonic contacts, assist with the set-up of home health services, outreach to physician’s, assist with obtaining medical equipment/DME/Home Modifications, completion of quarterly claims review, outreach and follow-up related to transitions of care (hospitalizations/nursing facility stays) .
Candidate will need to supply own internet service.
- Responsible for health care management and coordination of Healthcare members in order to achieve optimal clinical, financial and quality of life outcomes.
- Works with members to create and implement an integrated collaborative plan of care. Coordinates and monitors member’s progress and services to ensure consistent cost-effective care that complies with policy and all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Provides case management services to members with chronic or complex conditions including:
- Proactively identifies members that may qualify for potential case management services. Conducts assessment of member needs by collecting in-depth information from information system, the member, member’s family/caregiver, hospital staff, physicians and other providers.
- Identifies, assesses and manages members per established criteria.
- Develops and implements a case management plan in collaboration with the member, caregiver, physician and/or other appropriate healthcare professionals to address the member needs.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness.
- Documents care plan progress in information system.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and modifies as appropriate to reach optimal outcomes.
- Measures the effectiveness of interventions to determine case management outcomes.
- Promotes integration of services for members including behavioral health and long-term care to enhance the continuity of care for members.
- Conducts face to face or home visits as required.
- Maintains department productivity and quality measures.
- Manages and completes assigned work plan objectives and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates dependability and reliability.
- Maintains effective team member relations.
- Adheres to all documentation guidelines.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) meetings.
- Assists orientation and mentoring of new team members as appropriate.
- Maintains professional relationships with provider community and internal and external customers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company Code of Conduct.
- Participates in appropriate case management conferences to continue to enhance skills/abilities and promote professional growth.
- Complies with required workplace safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
- Excellent organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT coding and HCPC. Knowledge of SSI, Coordination of benefits, and Third-Party Liability programs and integration.
- Familiarity with NCQA standards, state/federal regulations, and measurement techniques.
- In depth knowledge of CCA and/or other Case Management tools.
- Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion.
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to abide by policies.
- Able to maintain regular attendance based upon agreed schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers, and customers.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or master’s degree in social work, or Health Education (a combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of degree).
- Required Experience: 0-2 years of clinical experience with case management experience. Required Licensure/Certification: Active, unrestricted State Registered Nursing license or Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW or Advanced Practice Social Worker APSW in good standing. A combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of LCSW or APSW.
- Must have valid driver’s license with good driving record and be able to drive locally.