Case Manager I
Reference Code: 4853
Position Title: Case Manager I
Location: REMOTE, Chicago, IL 60601
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
Target start date: 3/29/2021
- Candidates can reside anywhere in the state of IL (no specific region required)
- Position will be fully remote; no plans to transition to onsite once the offices reopen
- Masters degree is highly preferred; Bachelors is a minimum requirement
- Shift Hours: 8-5 Monday-Friday
Summary: Responsible for health care management and coordination of Healthcare members in order to achieve optimal clinical, financial and quality of life outcomes. Works with members to create and implement an integrated collaborative plan of care. Coordinates and monitors member's progress and services to ensure consistent cost effective care that complies with policy and all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Provides case management services to members with chronic or complex conditions including:
- Proactively identifies members that may qualify for potential case management services.
- Conducts assessment of member needs by collecting in-depth information from information system, the member, member's family/caregiver, hospital staff, physicians and other providers.
- Identifies, assesses and manages members per established criteria.
- Develops and implements a case management plan in collaboration with the member, caregiver, physician and/or other appropriate healthcare professionals to address the member needs.
- Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness.
- Documents care plan progress in information system.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and modifies as appropriate to reach optimal outcomes.
- Measures the effectiveness of interventions to determine case management outcomes.
- Promotes integration of services for members including behavioral health and long term care to enhance the continuity of care for members.
- Conducts face to face or home visits as required.
- Maintains department productivity and quality measures.
- Manages and completes assigned work plan objectives and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates dependability and reliability.
- Maintains effective team member relations.
- Adheres to all documentation guidelines.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) meetings.
- Assists orientation and mentoring of new team members as appropriate.
- Maintains professional relationships with provider community and internal and external customers.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company Code of Conduct.
- Participates in appropriate case management conferences to continue to enhance skills/abilities and promote professional growth.
- Complies with required workplace safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
- Excellent organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT coding and HCPC.
- SSI, Coordination of benefits, and Third Party Liability programs and integration.
- Familiarity with NCQA standards, state/federal regulations and measurement techniques.
- In depth knowledge of CCA and/or other Case Management tools.
- Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion.
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to abide by policies.
- Able to maintain regular attendance based upon agreed schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Masters degree in Social Work, or Health Education (a combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of degree).
0-2 years of clinical experience with case management experience.
Active, unrestricted State Registered Nursing license or Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW or Advanced Practice Social Worker APSW in good standing. A combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of LCSW or APSW. Must have valid driver's license with good driving record and be able to drive locally.