Commodity Manager – Metals
Website Supply Chain
Reference Code: 4275
Our client, a leading Tier 1 automotive supplier, is looking to hire a Commodity Manager, Metals to sit in their Plymouth, MI location. This person will be responsible for strategic sourcing for welded assemblies, wire frames, springs, etc. They will ensure the cost, quality and time-oriented supply for all manufacturing plants with the specified products.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to commodities including cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalization, diversity spend, working capital improvements and other key metrics
- Lead Sourcing activities in coordination with costing and engineering to drive a competitive advantage with financially stable suppliers
- Improvement of program profitability through continuous improvement, VA/VE activities, utilization of LPP’s, market testing, and leverage global sourcing
- Maintain and update weekly cost savings roadmaps with monthly reconciliation to actual results. Lead high level negotiations with suppliers
- Develop, coordinate, and steer purchasing strategies for specific commodities
- Support of proper Make vs Buy decisions
- Leverage of purchases across all business units and global programs
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related technical field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years purchasing experience with 3-5 years in the automotive industry
- Ability to gather information, analyze data, prepare and lead negotiations as well as deliver recommendations
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/ outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
- Ability to recognize and respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
- Ability to take full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under individual direct control
- Some travel may be required
This is a full-time position that requires a daily presence in Plymouth, MI.