Controls Project Engineer
Reference Code: 5496
Title: Controls Project Engineer
Location: Flint, Michigan 48551
Duration: 1+ Year with possibility of extension
Shift: 2nd (Primary), 3rd (Secondary)
Pay Rate: $35-$40/hr.
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Controls Project Engineer who will be responsible for providing controls engineering support for a their vehicle manufacturing operation.
Off-shift controls engineering support for a vehicle manufacturing operation.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates control system design from written sequence of operation.
- Engineer and design pneumatic piping diagrams.
- Engineer and design electrical wiring diagrams.
- Engineer and design hydraulic piping diagrams.
- Design electrical control panels.
- Design programmable logic controller software.
- Design programmable human machine interface (HMI) software.
- Try out, debug and provide start-up support for control systems.
- Provide technical support for installation of tools and equipment.
- Provide technical support for training of plant personnel.
- Travel to plant sites as required.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- The department the candidate will be covering is General Assembly.
- They will work with conveyors, process equipment (such as fuel fill, brake evac & fill, tire alignment, etc.), tooling fixtures, error proofing equipment, and network/upper level communication issues amongst others.
- Proficient with application of programmable machine controls hardware and software.
- Proficient with application of Servo drive hardware and software.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Proficient with basic electrical standards.
- Proficient with basic safety standards.
- Capable of supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent) or skilled trades / equivalent technical training is a requirement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Skilled trades or equivalent would be completion of an apprenticeship and a year or two of functioning as a journeyperson.
- Must have experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley
- Prior knowledge of Fanuc, template logic, Device Net communication and Ethernet communication a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting controls/electrical issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Technically sound in controls and electrical troubleshooting.
- Comfortable joining a knowledgeable, technically advanced, well-established team.
- Comfortable in a high-intensity, high-pressure manufacturing environment.
- Energetic person who communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical resources and who identifies problems and develops solutions to address them.
- Ability to communicate effectively via shift-to-shift and peer-to-peer communication methods.
- Ability to work off-shifts and weekends to support projects and production.
- High school graduate or equivalent training and ten years related work experience.
- Associates Degree in a technical field and seven years related work experience, or four year college degree which includes technical coursework and four years related work experience, or Master’s degree and a four-year college degree that includes technical coursework and two years related work experience, or Entry level with PhD and Masters/four-year college degree which includes technical coursework.
Work Site Description:
Vehicle Manufacturing Facility .
Preferred Work Schedule:
- This will be a second shift position.
- Second Shift (primary), Third Shift (secondary).
- To cover vacations, etc, the infrequent occurrence of covering 2nd or 1st shift could arise.
- The team currently works an alternative work schedule that allows for greater blocks of time off (subject to change).
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Raul.Brown@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!