Customer Service Representative I
Reference Code: 4314
Position Title: Customer Service Representative I
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
Desired Start Date: 10/19/2020
Location: Long Beach, CA, 90802
- 100% remote position. Prefers candidate is located in OC/LA area, however not a requirement.
- Call Center/Operator and Data Entry role for Open Enrollment.
- Candidate will be responsible for taking overflow calls and triaging/ transferring calls to appropriate parties
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Flexible work hours, however shift could be between 6am – 6pm PST. May be required to work on Saturdays if/when needed.
- Candidate must be computer literate.
- Healthcare experience is not required, but is a plus
- Respond to telephone inquiries from both Members and Providers and provide accurate, efficient, and courteous service.
- Respond to incoming calls from members and providers excluding provider claims calls.
- Achieve individual performance goals as it relates to call center objectives
- Engage and collaborate with other departments as applicable Comply with workplace safety standards Comply with regulatory requirements Demonstrate positive working relationships with peers and effectively manage conflict
- Attend meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Show flexibility in meeting changing performance objectives consistent with the client and department objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Ability to use PC, typing 40 WPM Ability to research problems Ability to talk and type simultaneously
- Strong listening skills
- Empathy/passion for working with senior, disabled, low income populations and providers Great Interpersonal Communication Skills; Strong Verbal and Written communication skills, organizational skills and Problem Solving
- Bilingual communication skills preferred
- Ability to abide by client's policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- High School Diploma or GED
- Required Experience: 0-2 years of Customer Service/Call Center experience in Healthcare or equivalent related experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office or other comparable software