Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5510
Title: Data Analyst
Location: Detroit, Michigan 48265
Duration: 6+ Months with possibility of extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Data Analyst who will be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of services being provided by the global environment and ensure that new initiatives are successfully integrated to maximize business benefits.
The role of the Data Analyst is to distill information from data collected by the Connected Consumer Innovation Laboratory (CCIL) global Pilot capabilities. In this function, the resource will be called upon to provide detailed information regarding the performance of CCIL Pilot platforms, monitor the effectiveness of services being provided by the global environment and ensure that new initiatives are successfully integrated to maximize business benefits.
- Determines business service data capture requirements and the applicable data infrastructure resources to assure delivery
- Trains and educates data consumer teams on data collection tools and equipment
- Establishes data quality standards and works with data consumer teams to ensure standards are met
- Reports on availability and data collection metrics for the various global Pilot service systems• Ensures data exchange and reporting systems are operational on a 24 x 7 basis
- Provides access to data consumers and ensures the delivery of recurring data loads
- Assists consumers with set-up, testing and implementation of data collection applications that support Pilot service data visibility
- Troubleshoots data reporting errors and data quality issues
- Ensures that all data application updates are properly installed and rolled out
- Performs and documents procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Develops data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design, project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage
- Prepares hourly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc data reports for distribution
- Presents data at conferences and meetings where needed
- Develops and maintains a data consumer access or limited access data research portal
Purpose of this team
- Support data and analytics.
- Mine data bases, running ETL (extraction), building dashboards for Power BI.
- Present findings with business clients and auditors.
- Whenever you have an update on the dashboard, expected to present data to clients or auditors.
Candidate Value Proposition
- Exposure to wide variety of business.
- You get opportunity to expose to multiple service lines (marketing, sales, purchasing, finance).
- There will be a learning curve.
- Variety of tool sets.
- Sequel, Tool Kit, Python.
Qualifications – Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science / Technology areas (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- A solid understanding of both UNIX-based (Linux, Solaris) and Microsoft Windows (2008, 7) operating systems.
- Adept at the use of performance analysis methods to tune systems, and resolve connectivity problems.
- Specific experience delivering data and reporting information from Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, and Hadoop repositories.
- Proven practical experience programming in ETL / Unix Scripting.
- Perl, Unix/MS Windows Shells.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Database schema design (logical and physical, NoSQL).
- High degree of written and oral communication skills.
- Solid and wide-reaching foundation in programming (Scripting, SQL) and database structures (Relational, Object).
- Proven experience working as part of a technical team to communicate the changes needed to maintain a database's stability, or speaking with business leaders to describe performance options for Pilot databases and security controls.
- High degree of analytical capability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Report design and creation with Cognos, Tableau, and Quest Toad.
- Knowledge of analysis software (i.e. SPSS, SAS) and Business Intelligence and analytics competencies.
- In depth expertise with mathematical analysis (Arithmetic, Algebra, Calculus, Statistics).
- Capable of handling multiple diverse and complex assignments concurrently.
- Accustomed to 24×7 support responsibilities.
- Principles and practices of data management.
- Data collection, validation, and reduction.
- Research methodologies.
- Information science theory.
- Database Management.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Network, client / server performance troubleshooting.
- Four to seven years' performance analysis experience with heterogeneous operating systems platforms leveraging a distributed architecture.
- Understanding of Wired/Wireless Communication and Session Protocols.
- TCP/IP, SIP, CDMA, GSM.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting test sequences for both computer systems architecture and enterprise applications.
- Exposure to database management (ETL, transactional replication approaches).
Nice to have:
- Machine Learning (technique of advanced analytics)
Top 3 Skills
- SQL (5 years at least).
- Tableu and Power BI (5 years).
- ETL (Extraction Transformation and Loading) ANY ETL experience variety of tool kits.
Preferred Work Schedule:
M-F (9am-5 pm)
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Raul.Brown@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!