Website Finance / Accounting
Reference Code: 7356
seeking a Director of Tax who is a talented CPA (Certified Public Accountant) with strong leadership values and an entrepreneurial mindset, who will contribute to the growth and direction of our dynamic tax team. As part of the management staff, you will partner with our tax team and leadership to develop and scale our domestic tax preparation, compliance, and tax planning offering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Lead a team of tax preparers and planners with varying degrees of experience.
- Coordinate, review, and sign state and federal tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, and annual report filings.
- Perform advanced-level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda.
- Apply functional knowledge to understand potential tax issues and participate in tax planning.
- Define and hold business accountable to service level agreements for the optimal client experience.
- Perform process optimization analysis to determine the most efficient and effective means to execute upon client needs.
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as Project Manager for special projects at the request of the leadership.
- Manage, mentor, and train Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates.
- Manage IRS audit processes.
- Develop and edit correspondence, memoranda, and other client deliverables as needed.
- Develop and execute a scalable process for integrating acquired tax firms and applying a segmented client model to ensure an ideal client experience.
- Define, manage and report on measures of integration success.
- Other job duties as defined.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting and active CPA required.
- Masters's Degree in Taxation or MBA is preferred.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience preparing federal individual income tax returns with public account experience.
- Five (5) or more years of management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with acquiring and integrating acquired tax firms
- Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership).
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic planning and execution with the ability to lead toward a growth culture.
- Broad knowledge of state taxes including income, franchise, and transactional tax.
- Ability to work and deliver the quality product under tight timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills must be a team player.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Effective communication skills; must be a team player.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.