DR/BCP Senior Consultant
BlueStone currently has a fantastic long-term opportunity for an experienced Business Continuity Consultant.
Based in Chicago, this person will be a critical part of a large-scale DR / BCP project team tasked with reshaping the existing plans for a premiere education organization. Their current plan provides an offsite recovery option with a Recovery Time Objective (RTO) that is unacceptably slow and does not fully take advantage of current cloud based and other technologies.
The primary goals of this consulting engagement include:
- Revise current DR plan which is currently 1,000+ pages to more accurately reflect the new recovery process.
- Work with critical units to identify and incorporate relevant materials, guides, configurations, and system documentation into the DR plan while removing dated and unnecessary information that exists in the plan today.
- Work to ensure that day-to-day processes to build and deploy systems take into account DR needs and automatically implement the DR requirements as part of the provisioning process.
- Develop auditing and reporting processes to ensure that all infrastructure components are accounted for as part of the DR plan and that sufficient infrastructure resources are available to meet the RTO.
- Develop a DR program that identifies roles, owners, activities and events such as annual BCP testing, application prioritization, plan updates, table-top scenario exercises, training, communication, and audits of the DR plan.
- Work with Configuration Management teams to ensure that the proper information and data is populated in the AITS Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) that is needed for DR execution and plan generation.
- Train and educate IT staff assigned to BCP efforts to effectively manage and advance the DR plan on an on-going basis.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning
- Current Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP Certification) preferred
- Any experience with Education clients is highly desirable
- Ability to work in downtown Chicago with some travel within Illinois
This engagement is expected to start on or about May 1 and is scheduled for 14 months with the potential for follow-on deliverables thereafter. A daily presence in Chicago is required with occasional travel to other locations in Illinois.