EHS Manager ( Environmental Health and Safety )
Reference Code: 4923
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the overall provisions of Environmental, Health and Safety services, policies, and programs for our Mason manufacturing plant. The major areas of responsibility include developing and implementing safety and environmental programs ensuring regulatory compliances, providing regulatory and technical support and training assistance at all levels within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, directs and implements safety and environmental programs to ensure compliance.
2. Oversees compliance with applicable OSHA laws and regulatory concerns.
3. Develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment in plant.
4. Provides regulatory assistance, technical support and training to all levels within plant.
5. Manages the applications, renewal and reporting process for environmental permitting within Gestamp NA.
6. Directs internal and external resources in response to safety and environmental compliance issues, enforcement actions, emergencies, acquisitions divestitures and changes in operations. Coordinate with Corporate and Plant resources as required.
7. Conducts and/or coordinates internal/external safety and environmental audits to monitor facility compliance.
8. Logs and tracks audit recommendations to completion.
9. Assists all levels in developing corrective actions for audit findings.
10. Assists business managers in their preparation of safety and health initiatives and budgets and in responses to customer and governmental agency environmental health & safety surveys.
11. Evaluates, manages and implements standardized programs and information systems that monitor, simplify and document compliance to internal, OSHA, TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other regulatory requirements and permits as appropriate.
12. Provides interpretation and support for compliance to Gestamp, Spain Health and Safety Initiatives.
13. Ensures environmental, health and safety is an integral part of the planning process for plant projects such as lean initiatives, plant layouts, cell arrangements, or new processes.
14. Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, insures positive employee relations.
15. Serves on the executive management team to provide company leadership and direction regarding environmental, health and safety activities.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree in EH&S, Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
2. Masters Degree preferred
3. 10 years of progressive leadership experience in Environmental, Health & Safety in an automotive environment preferred, CSP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
2. Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations, and in interpersonal communication.
3. Sound judgment, strategic thinking, and solid problem-solving skills.
4. Individual leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Planning, organizational and prioritization skills.
6. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
7. Advanced knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and enforcement proceedings.
8. Experience in managing property/casualty loss control activities and industrial hygiene programs
9. Strong project management skills. Good attention to detail.
10. Must be able to work part of a team and motivate others.
Job Type: Full-time