EPIC / Hyperspace Systems Engineer
Reference Code: 6230
- The Epic Client Systems Engineer administers, provides day-to-operation support and actively participates in Epic updates and RA/SU loads of Epic ECSA Components: BCA-PC, BCA-Web, Cantu, Care-EveryWhere, Care-Link, ECSA Tools, Haiku, HyperSpace-Web, Interconnect, Kuiper, MyChart, MyChart Mobile, PrintService (EPS), SystemPulse, WebBlob, Welcome.
- Assist with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and resolution of peripheral devices and integrated third-party software via Interconnect and web services.
- Assess impact of major version upgrades and SU packages for current ECSA via NOVA notes and any other means provided.
- Build, configure, test, and maintain high-availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity systems.
- Work with other team members to review Epic technical issues real-time to support the customer and meet goals for uptime and performance, including reporting on several KPI metrics.
- Participate in on-call rotation that includes off hours and weekends.
- Follow change control processes, including documenting changes via change control tool(s).
- Maintain and document existing and future environment configurations for all Epic Windows-based servers and services.
- Take lead role in all major version upgrades and SU patches for all Windows-based Epic application services.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or a directly related field is highly desired.
- 3 years of experience and proficient skills within Information Services and solid knowledge of database, OS server systems, and Windows management systems is required. Experience in information systems and applications within a health care provider organization are highly desired.
- Certification/Licensure/Registration: Epic ECSA certification is highly desired.
- Windows or Citrix Experience and/or certification with a working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Administration is highly desired.
- Experience with hardware or software load balancing solutions such as NetScaler, GSLB.
- Knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, and HTTP.
- Scripting experience with some of the following: Perl, Python, PowerShell/VBscript, and/or Java preferred.