GCP Data Engineer
Website Application Development
Reference Code: 7332
GCP Data Engineer
Location: Remote – USA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 1 year, possibility of extension
Our client, a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest auto manufacturers, is looking to hire a GCP Data Engineer.
- This project is part of building out the Data Lake within the company?s Credit data warehouse based on cloud technologies.
- We?re seeking an experienced backend software engineering professional familiar with Lean, Agile, and eXtreme Programming (XP) practices. Collaborating closely and continuously with fellow engineers, and product owners, you will help build, validate and release innovative data products early and often
- Must have end to end development experience with GCP. Client is open to Azure or AWS Cloud experience as a replacement for GCP.
- Must have experience with Big Query Tables
- Pair programming experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of SQL development experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience with Java / Python
- Data warehousing and data modeling experience
- Experience in one or more streaming tools like (Pub sub, Kafka, Qlik replicate) or GCP tools (like Data Flow, Big query, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage) Iterative development experience
- Developing exceptional Analytics data products using streaming, batch patterns with solid Data Warehouse principles
- Work in collaborative environment including pairing and mobbing with other cross-functional engineers Work on a small agile team to deliver working, tested software Work effectively with product owners, data champions and other technical experts.
- 2+ years mentoring engineers In-depth software engineering knowledge
- Expertise in eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including
- Experience with Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms (e.g., Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloud Foundry, Tekton, Terraform, Cloud Run, Apigee, Data Flow, Big query, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage, Containers, Cloud Composer, Airflow, Github)
- Proficiency with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Experience with loading and provisioning data via APIs
- Proficiency with RESTful API standards/tools
- Performance tuning experience
For more information, please call our Recruiter directly at 847.440.2458. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!