Reference Code: 6900
Full Time Position
As a member of the Plant Finance team, the General Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financials through collecting, monitoring, and studying data in addition to recommending actions. Ensure accuracy and integrity of the general ledger that supports the financial statements.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitor and update customer selling price on a timely basis by working closely with the Commercial Account Manager
- Work with commercial teams to track and reconcile all price changes against bump chart.
- Perform daily invoicing and ensure data integrity including sales reconciliation to the general ledger
- Analyze customer payment vs billing discrepancies including retroactive adjustments.
- Monitor cash collection and work with Shared Services/Commercial Account Manager for past due collection
- Work with Commercial Account Manager and Shared Services to identify root causes and resolve billing discrepancies
- Process month-end journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Respond to external and internal audits by ensuring that all accounting transactions and controls conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for various ad hoc requests/projects for Division and plant personnel.
- Bachelors? degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Requires 3+ years of accounting experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Proven Analytical, Communications and Organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate and work well with various departments
- High attention to details
Bonus If You Have:
- Experience with Hyperion HFM, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Retrieve or Equivalent.
- Prior Automotive experience
- SAP experience
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and reporting requirements