Reference Code: 6495
Direct Hire Opportunity
Overview: Our client, one of the Nation's leading automotive manufacturers is looking to hire a General Accountant to work as a member of the Plant Finance team in McCalla, AL as a full time employee.
In this role the General Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financials through collecting, monitoring and studying data in addition to recommending actions, ensuring accuracy and integrity of the general ledger that supports financial statements.
- Monitor and update customer selling price on a timely basis by working closely with the Commercial Account Manager
- Work with commercial teams to track and reconcile all price changes against bump chart.
- Perform daily invoicing and ensure data integrity including sales reconciliation to the general ledger
- Analyze customer payment vs billing discrepancies including retroactive adjustments.
- Monitor cash collection and work with Shared Services/Commercial Account Manager for past due collection
- Work with Commercial Account Manager and Shared Services to identify root causes and resolve billing discrepancies
- Process month-end journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Respond to external and internal audits by ensuring that all accounting transactions and controls conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for various ad hoc requests/projects for Division and plant personnel.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Minimum of 2 years' accounting experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate Excel Skills (pivot tables, v-look ups, index match, etc..)
- Hands-on experience in Accounts Payable, Payroll or General Accounting.
- Experienced with SAP, Kronos, Coupa, PeopleSoft AP, PeopleSoft Payroll.
- Experience with Hyperion HFM, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Retrieve or Equivalent
- Proven Analytical, Communication and organizational skills
- Ability to turn special requests around quickly and effectively
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible and/or changeable schedule, especially during the month end close process