GPPI (Global Product Process Integration) Compartment Manufacturing Engineer (CME) ? Interior / Exte
Reference Code: 4440
Title: GPPI (Global Product Process Integration) Compartment Manufacturing Engineer (CME) – Interior / Exterior Team
Duration: 52 Weeks with possibility of extension.
Location: Warren, MI, 48093
Shift: Preferred Work Schedule: 7:00 to 4:00
Responsible for ensuring new vehicle product designs are manufacturable as well as in compliance to manufacturing requirements and General Assembly strategies. Provides a consistent voice of Manufacturing to Product Engineering for a given global architecture/style.
- Understand product design and communicate manufacturing requirements to product engineering.
- Communicate product info & requirements to Arch Leads and Program Execution
- Enforce compliance to General Assembly Strategies
- Execute & Verify Manufacturing Requirements
- Follow the Advanced Program Health Check (APHC) process for issue tracking and escalation
- Resolve issues with Product Engineering and Global Manufacturing Engineering
- Escalate deviations at Leadership Calls
- Conduct virtual studies/assessments throughout Vehicle Development Process
- Initiate / Conduct program Level 2 PFMEA workshops
- Participate in product peer reviews (ePeer Process)
- Document process & tooling requirements for regional execution and ensure compliance by all executing assembly plants
- Drive product designs with the lowest Base Engineered Content (BEC) and participate in BEC reduction workshops
- Communicate Lessons Learned to Global Integration Architects (Product TIE’s) and Technical Process TIEs
- Develop & communicate program compartment level 2 build sequence
- Identify and communicate potential ergo issues to program ergonomist
- Attend IVER builds (mandatory) and Assembly Plant builds (as required)
- Act as IRT co-chair during IVER builds at PPO
- Act as the Global IRT co-chair and drive common solutions across the regions
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
Required Skills, Abilities and Experiences:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to make complex concepts/issues easily understood by non-proficient English-speaking peers
- Strong VIS Mockup skills
- ME Experience (Program Execution or Assembly Plant)
- Knowledge of VS Manufacturing Engineering processes and Client Systems, including MPS, VAA, MRDB, E2, Auros, FIT, GLP, VDP, PRTS, and LMS.
Work Site Description: Will be working from home until June 2021 due to COVID. Trips to the office, plants, mock-up might be required on as a on need based.