Health and Safety Manager
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire a Health and Safety Manager for their Montgomery, AL facility. This person will be responsible for supporting the safety and environmental process in the plant by strengthening the safety program including worksite evaluations, control of hazards, environmental exposure and training of employees.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develops and delivers new hire orientation as it relates to workers' compensation and/or health and safety issues
- Coordinates, Conducts and/or Assists with accident investigation of all accidents/injuries in order to root cause(s) each incident.
- Obtains doctor's assessment and return to work instructions immediately upon employee's visit as needed to document restrictions and make the necessary determinations.
- Leads ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
- Maintains records, schedules, meetings, and prepares plant for annual audits.
- Attends worker's compensation hearings, when required.
- Maintains OSHA log and supplemental report of injuries/illnesses.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA health standards: blood borne pathogens, hearing conservation, respirators.
- Ensures in-plant first aide procedures are in place and activity is communicated to workers' comp liaison.
- Maintains current knowledge of OSHA standards, develop and implement written programs to ensure compliance (Hazard Communication, Control of Hazardous Energy, PPE, Hearing Conservation, etc.) per the Key Elements.
- Develops and implements an emergency response plan.
- Establishes a safety committee, develop roles/responsibilities/coordinate meetings/attend meetings/ensure action items are tracked to completion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- At least three (3) years of practical experience and knowledge
- Professional qualifications in Safety Engineering and Ergonomics.
- Professional knowledge of ISO14001 (auditor certification preferred),
- Knowledge of regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA/Safety, Worker's Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA and FLSA as needed to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of accident investigation, First Aid and CPR practices as needed to teach and/or provide life sustaining assistance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite software (Word, Excel, Access, Project) required.
- Must be willing to work overtime, either before or after the normal starting times and on weekends.
- Must be willing to be on call 24 hours a day.
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Montgomery, AL.