HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Reference Code: 4539
Position Title: HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Location: REMOTE, Los Angeles , CA, 90001
Duration: 4 months contract with possible extension (21 weeks, 1D)
Target start date: 1/4/2021
-Position will start remote, however will transition into an onsite role once offices reopen.
-Candidate must be local to Orange County, Los Angeles area to qualify for the position
-Must have requirements: Basic/ Intermediate PC knowledge. Outlook/ Excel/ data base programs or experience with HEDIS medical record collections. Customer Service in Healthcare setting is acceptable, as well.
– Day to day responsibilities: Provider outreach, out bound calls, call tracking, medical record processing, invoice processing, invoice tracking and reconciliation.
Shifts will vary depending on what State/Region the contractor is assigned to, however will be one of the following shifts:
6am – 230pm PST
7am – 330pm PST
8am – 430pm PST
Medical Records Collector will work collaboratively in outreaching to providers in order to pursue medical records via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up, for Medical Record projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Under the direction of the national and/or regional lead, the Medical Records Collector supports the annual audit and other Medical Record like audits, by organizing provider outreach, pursuit, collection and upload of provider medical records into the internal database.
- Assisting with project management by coordinating the identification, pursuit and collection of medical records and other data in collaboration with other Medical Record staff.
- Assists the Manager and Supervisor(s) and / or performs the coordination and preparation of the medical record collection process that includes the pursuit via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up.
- Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
- Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the Medical Record application.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Required Experience: 1 season/year medical record collection experience.
1 year managed care experience.
Preferred Experience: 2 years Medical Record data collection experience.