HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Reference Code: 4595
Position Title: HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Location: REMOTE, Long Beach CA, 90802
Duration: 3 months contract with possible extension
Target start date: 1/11/2021
-100% remote position. Candidates can be located anywhere in US to qualify for the position.
Shift hours: 8am – 5pm CST
• Basic computer skills (word, excel, teams etc)
• EMR knowledge/experience
• Basic knowledge of a medical record
• Experience calling/talking with provider offices
Day to day responsibilities:
• Calling provider offices
• Scrubbing/cleaning charts
• Faxing to provider offices
• Pulling EMR charts
• Working with PDF’s and excel
Medical Records Collector will work collaboratively in outreaching to providers in order to pursue medical records via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up, for Medical Record projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Under the direction of the national and/or regional lead, the Medical Records Collector supports the annual audit and other Medical Record like audits, by organizing provider outreach, pursuit, collection and upload of provider medical records into the internal database.
• Assisting with project management by coordinating the identification, pursuit and collection of medical records and other data in collaboration with other Medical Record staff.
• Assists the Manager and Supervisor(s) and / or performs the coordination and preparation of the medical record collection process that includes the pursuit via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up.
• Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
• Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the Medical Record application.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 season/year medical record collection experience.
• 1 year managed care experience.
• Preferred Experience: 2 years Medical Record data collection experience.