HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Reference Code: 4615
Position Title: HEDIS Medical Record Collector
Location: REMOTE, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
- 100% remote position, however candidate must be located in Oakbrook IL to qualify for the role.
- Must have requirements: HEDIS experience, advanced Microsoft Office experience
- Day to day responsibilities: Calling provider offices, faxing requests, scrubbing charts, uploading charts, retrieving charts through EMR.
- Shift hours 8am – 430pm CST
Medical Records Collector will work collaboratively in outreaching to providers in order to pursue medical records via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up, for Medical Record projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Under the direction of the national and/or regional lead, the Medical Records Collector supports the annual audit and other Medical Record like audits, by organizing provider outreach, pursuit, collection and upload of provider medical records into the internal database.
• Assisting with project management by coordinating the identification, pursuit and collection of medical records and other data in collaboration with other Medical Record staff.
• Assists the Manager and Supervisor(s) and / or performs the coordination and preparation of the medical record collection process that includes the pursuit via phone call, fax, mail, electronic medical record system retrieval and direct onsite pick up.
• Participates in meetings with vendors for the medical record collection process.
• Collects medical records and reports from provider offices, loads data into the Medical Record application.
Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 season/year medical record collection experience.
• 1 year managed care experience.
• Preferred Experience: 2 years Medical Record data collection experience.