HR Manager – Tuscaloosa
Reference Code: 5148
Our client is looking for a strong HR Manager to join their dynamic team on a full-time basis. My client is a Fortune 100 company that is continuing to grow, and is a true leader in their industry! This position will play a key role with HR initiatives including strategic workforce planning/staffing, labor and employee relations, promoting a positive and engaged employee culture, organizational capability and training, talent and performance management, employee communications, health and safety and other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ensure the execution of talent management processes including; recruiting & staffing, performance management, employee development and succession planning.
- Support the manufacturing plant by providing strategic HR counsel and driving the company’s HR practices.
- Build and maintain a positive relationship with union chair and committee.
- Evaluate current HR practices and make recommendations for best in class solutions for HR issues.
- Coach and counsel the management team regarding employee and labor relations issues.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure proper implementation of company and plant policies and procedures such as work rules, attendance, harassment, workplace violence…
- Provides oversight for effective and efficient training and development programs.
- Drive elevated levels of employee engagement and lead the development of action plans from the survey results.
- Be a positive and proactive company and employee advocate.
- Oversee plant employee benefit and compensation programs and other HR company initiatives as required.
- Partner with health and safety manager to improve safety performance and reduce workers compensation costs.
- Directs the day to day activities of the Human Resources Department.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; maintains other records, reports, and log.
- Increase Community Involvement with local charities
- 7-10 years experience in a HR Manager role with union negotiation and supervisory experience required.
- Strong generalist and plant HR managerial experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced high volume manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related discipline required, with an advanced degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification a definite plus
- Experience Managing Plant Safety and Worker’s Compensation a plus.
- Strong team building, facilitation, collaborative relationships building and employee engagement.
- Strong organization skills, demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities, and strong analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of applicable computer systems, such as the Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS
- Effective oral and written communication skills