Indirect MRO Buyer
Website Supply Chain
Reference Code: 4202
- Post-secondary diploma preferred in the following, or equivalent work experience
- Business Administration and/or
- Materials Management
- 2 years direct technical and commercial purchasing experience, specializing in automotive manufacturing.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- High level of time management and mathematical skills
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills / Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015
- Knowledge of IATF 16949
- Knowledge of any applicable customer specific requirements
- Responsible for the purchase of MRO materials and operating supplies;
- Communicates with vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing, availability and delivery;
- Expedites delivery of goods to users;
- Enforces 100% on-time delivery requirements,
- Maintain a positive contribution to quality, customer satisfaction and company profitability;
- Obtain bid proposals and negotiates contracts and lease agreements within budget and within guidance of Buyer/ Material Manager and corporate standard.
- Follows protocol within IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements and Martinrea Purchasing Policies and Procedures;
- Escalates issues from suppliers to Buyer and Materials Manager and corporate standard;
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with supplier for resolution;
- Work with under-performing suppliers to improve, or locate alternate supplier with Buyer and/or Materials Manager;
- Prepares purchase orders and quote requests and responsible to ensure the correct documentation is supplied to all vendors such as terms and conditions and other related documentation;
- Presents cost savings to Materials Manager;
- CRMS projects / reports that contribute to continuous improvement or profit opportunities;
- Communicate with all areas of the plant to ensure the needs of the company are being fulfilled through purchasing;
- Responsible to actively participate in any new programs or projects associated with the MRO plant products;
- Supervise all tool crib personnel;
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management.
- Frequent distractions and interruptions
- Multiple demands in a challenging and fast paced- team orientated environment
- Noisy environment
- Overtime as required.
- Office, Plant floor
- Travel as required
Health and Safety:
- Compliance with Occupational safety sections of Act.
- Must report all accidents and near misses to your Supervisor
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company Rules, Plant Rules, policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must wear all designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice