Reference Code: 5561
Title: Industrial Engineer 3
Location: Warren, Michigan 48092
Duration: 12 Months
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Industrial Engineer who will be responsible for working with determining build process for new products, this will include assigning standardized time to the work to be done and develop work instructions.
- Will be working with determining build process for new products, this will include assigning standardized time to the work to be done and develop work instructions.
- Will also be working on other special projects as needed with a wide range of IE work and skills to be used in these special assignments.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:.
- Assists in establishing operational methods and work standards using various measurement techniques.
- Analyses existing operations and proposes cost justified improvements.
- Optimizes use of floor space, materials, personnel and equipment.
- Assists in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same.
- Provides information for various management systems.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Monitors adherence to recommended safety procedures and good housekeeping.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Work is combination of remote and in person with some short-term travel.
- Mechanical aptitude is necessary.
- 0-3 years’ experience.
- Can read and interpret technical assembly drawings.
- Must understand how to assemble vehicles.
- Evaluate, analyse, and interpret motions.
- Must be able to communicate cross functionally with engineering, tooling, purchasing, quality, manufacturing, and production.
- Proficient with MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level.
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level.
- Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
- Partners with senior management to analyse and solve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Strong knowledge of work measurement and work standards.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Demonstrated strong ability with ergonomic requirements of work station design.
- Ability to conduct line balancing activities – 3-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to coordinate system simulations and design process buff – 3-5 years’ experience.
- Position related experience – 5 years.
- Relevant auto industry experience required – Entry level (<1 year).
- Past work experience required – Entry level (<1 year).
- Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process, Ergonomics.
- Required Education/Training/Certifications/Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Preferred Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
For more information, please call our Recruiter Brian Galbo directly at 847-382-3559. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!