Reference Code: 6848
n this role, this individual will work closely with the Director of IT Infrastructure to support and implement systems, devices, and applications across our on-premise and cloud infrastructure. The individual will also be part of a team providing end-user, workstation, server and network troubleshooting and support to ensure all employees have access to network and compute resources and are able to work effectively.
In this role, this individual must be able to demonstrate the behaviors and skills described below and must be able to perform a variety of duties which may include but not limited to:
Core 4 Skills and Behaviors Required by All Employees of the Company:
- Ability to communicate effectively in either written or oral form; maintains attention and actively listens to other?s ideas and thoughts.
- Effectively demonstrates attentive listening through body language, taking notes, etc. Uses active listening to clarify questions or concerns.
- Gathers and analyzes information and data; making logical decisions based on available facts and impact with short and long-term priorities.
- Demonstrates willingness and is excited to face new challenges; presenting ideas that demonstrate the ability to adapt to change.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs, implements, and upgrades Information Technology systems to support business needs.
- Supports systems running on Windows and Linux both physical and virtual.
- Administers numerous systems including: Active Directory, Storage Area Network, VMWare, Unitrends Backup, Office 365, Cisco and Palo Alto network devices.
- Design and management of cloud services and platforms including Microsoft Azure and others as needed.
- Assist IT Director with laying out roadmaps and evaluating new technologies.
- Provide 2nd level support to the team troubleshooting of Windows-based workstations, servers, printers, and other Information Technology devices including during off hour on-call periods.
- Understand and adhere to Company information, security, and privacy responsibilities as detailed in the Information Resource Usage Policy, Employee Manual, and client-specific publications.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years designing, implementing, and maintaining VMware and Windows Server environments
- 5+ years maintaining SAN storage and backup systems
- Proficient with VMware, Windows Server and Windows Desktop patch management technologies
- Experience with desktop virtualization a plus
- Ability to script with Python or PowerShell a plus
- Ability to work ?on call? as needed
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Strong willingness to learn with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience designing, implementing, and administering scalable windows based environments
- Exposure to structured change control procedures