Reference Code: 7296
The IS Procurement Specialist II is accountable for multiple functions within Information Services primarily related to the purchasing of hardware, software, and services with a focus on meeting the technology need, quality, cost control, and timely delivery. The IS Procurement Specialist II also generates Purchase Orders, tracks purchases, and informs the end-user of the status. In addition, this position is accountable for maintaining IT inventory on hand and assisting the Cost Control Assistant, other procurement staff, and the Director of IS Business Services in maintaining an effective cost control system.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, TTI, Inc. is the world?s leading authorized distributor of passive, connector, electromechanical, and discrete components. Celebrating more than 50 years, this Berkshire Hathaway company is ever-growing and has over 100 locations in North America, Europe, and Asia! Join a winning team in a growing global organization!
- Administers the daily activities of the technology purchasing function. Reviews technology purchasing decisions, orders, and vendor contracts. Assists with the ordering of materials and supplies from vendors. Creates purchase orders for the acquisition of materials and performs related administrative tasks. Researches suppliers to obtain prices and specifications in accordance with Company standards.
- Purchases IT-related hardware, software, and services with a focus on meeting the technology need, quality, cost control, and timely delivery by reviewing and recommending technology standards/selections based on the need and sourcing appropriate vendors.
- Performs invoice recording, data entry, and Oracle Fusion Entry in various systems. IS Procurement Specialist II will assist in maintaining an effective cost control system by working closely with the Cost Control Specialist, other procurement staff, and Director of IS Business Services to identify, research, and resolve any invoice-related discrepancies in a timely manner (e.g. proper quantities, pricing issues, Purchase Orders, etc). The IS Procurement Specialist II will assist in recording hardware and software assets in Oracle Fusion along with the invoices for all purchases. Contractual history must be kept up to date.
- Ensures proper inventory levels of IT inventory are maintained on hand by performing an ongoing review of inventory maintained and by proactively replenishing as needed. Position also serves as a central point of contact for returned items – (RMA?s), try-and-buy / proof of concepts, and mail-out repairs of certain pieces of hardware.
- Manages copy counts, IP reporting, and the daily flow of various reporting platforms under print management programs.
- Contributes to improving communication efficiency by developing and maintaining processes and procedures related to communication audit spreadsheets, vendor documentation, maintenance contracts, and contract expirations. Review current processes and make recommendations for improved efficiency.
- Provides a high level of Customer Service and Support to the corporate office and branches in various capacities which include IS Purchasing, equipment returns, HP Print Program, Oracle Fusion data entry, and Switchboard backup.
- Performs a variety of tasks and assists with special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor Degree is preferred. Must have a minimum of four years of related office or procurement/purchasing experience; technology procurement preferred. Oracle Fusion and/or Service Now experience a plus.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of IT-related equipment.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications at an intermediate level.
- Effective documentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move procurement deliveries from pallets to storage as needed. Ability to box & re-package IT equipment to ship out to remote offices.
- Use of box cutters safely.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
What we offer our team members:
- A great benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) Medical/ Dental/ Vision, 401(k)/Roth plan with matching, Healthcare Savings Accounts.
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Ongoing training throughout your employment with opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs.
- A strong focus on giving back to our communities through philanthropic opportunities.