Website Application Development
Reference Code: 6447
Position Summary: 1)This position is responsible for the day-to-day computer and systems support for all SAI employees and guests. 2) Defining and implementing a systems architecture strategy to optimize and coordinate core business systems for the success of the company. Also, maintain and support all landline phone systems, mobile devices, copiers, printers, business machines, building security system, camera system, and all other IT related systems & processes including network connections & equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose software, hardware and network problems. Troubleshoot and fix as needed.
- Document, test and modify systems based on user specifications
- Installation and modification of systems for machine operation
- Train and assist staff with I.T. needs
- Support Help Desk Coordinator in tracking, prioritizing help desk requests using a ticketing system
- Install and configure new computers, servers and other IT equipment
- Repair and upgrade different types of computers (software and hardware)
- Perform regular updates of servers, network equipment and workstations
- Research and learn new software related to the business
- Establish and follow procedures to build and maintain a stable, reliable network environment
- Work with manufacturing staff to ensure proper communication of machines
- Maintain and identify problems of various types of electronic equipment, including but not limited to: PC’s, TV’s, laptops, tablets, phones (landline and cellular), copiers, printers, scanners, cameras, projectors, servers and other networking and A/V equipment
- Supervise Help Desk Coordinators response to user problems and requests
- Be available for infrastructure projects (late nights, weekends as needed)
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Work with vendors to add/modify services and renewal quotes
- Create internal IT policies, KB, and IT strategy/improvement plans
- Lead IT projects from initiation to completion
- Maintain server and network backups
This job has one direct report – Help Desk Coordinator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a System or Network administrator/engineer role
- LAN/WAN networking expertise to manage servers, firewalls, etc. a must, along with exchange server experience
- Minimum 2 years of Cybersecurity policies/protection experience
- Minimum 5 years of Windows Server and Windows 10 administration experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Network/VPN administration/engineering experience
- Minimum 1 SQL server experience
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft 365 administration and engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years VMware (vCenter and ESXI)
- Minimum 1 year of Veeam Backup experience
- Minimum 1 year of VOIP experience
- Minimum 2 Helpdesk ticketing system experience
- A+ and Network + Certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand how core business systems work together and where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Advanced computer skills, and familiarity with Active Directory environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity principles
- Experience with corporate ERP systems
- Positive attitude, team player, good attendance, hard worker
- Self-starter who can manage IT projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Technical aptitude to provide IT strategy direction and articulate to sr. management
Must be able to read, write and converse fluently in English with the level of competency that will permit the applicant to function in the position.
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Integrity& Ethics – models SAI Vision, Mission & Values
- Customer Focus – demonstrates commitment to customer
- Collaboration & Teamwork – embraces an inclusive workplace
- Quality – produces quality work product
- Innovation/Continuous Improvement – finds new and better ways of doing things
- Job Knowledge – demonstrates a clear understanding of and executes roles and responsibilities
- Time Management/Productivity – manages time and resources effectively
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – demonstrates proper judgment, problem solving and decision making
- Independence/Initiative – works with little or no supervision and seeks out new work
- Communication – effectively communicates
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift equipment up to 50 pounds repetitively without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.