IT Operations Manager
Reference Code: 7202
Hi, my name is Sara Byron. I am a Recruiter with Bluestone Staffing. I have a job opportunity available for an IT Operations Manager and I came across your resume and thought you might be a great fit for the job. Please review the below job description and e-mail me a current copy of your resume if interested (Sara.Byron@bluestonestaffing.com), and feel free to give me a call at 847-440-5759 to go through a brief phone interview (10-15 minutes). Thank you!
Job Title: IT Operations Manager
Employment Type: Direct Hire
City: Walworth, WI ? 3-4 days/week on site plus expect up to 50% travel ? Planning the auctions, traveling to auction sites ensuring the infrastructure/cabling etc. is complete (help and oversee architectural design, documentation, and maintenance of IT system infrastructure and processes)
Shift: 8:00 AM ? 5:00 PM M-F
Status: Accepting Candidates ? 2 round interview process; Looking to hire by end of October or 1st of November
Salary Range: $100K – $110K annually depending on experience + 5% bonus based on performance
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K
Background Check/Drug Test: Yes
Start Date: ASAP
About the Company: The world leader of collector car, vintage and antique motorcycle, and Road Art sales, hosting auctions throughout the United States. The company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for more than 30 years, now offering more than 20,000 lots per year and averaging more than one auction each month.
- Candidate will have 4 direct reports; 60% management / 40% hands on
- Defining configuration specifications and system analysis requirements.
- Oversee management of network switches, routers, phones, wireless access points and other networking hardware at home office and remote locations.
- Ensuring security best practices are followed not only within the IT operations team, but at every level within the organization.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for 14+ auction events around the continental United States often traveling in-advance of and throughout the length of the events.
- Own and develop relationships with managers and end users within the enterprise.
- Help and oversee architectural design, documentation and maintenance of IT system infrastructure and processes.
- Manage internal resources and third parties/vendors for successful event execution
- Ensure that all IT operations projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Develop project scopes to improve or expand current offerings within the org, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Schedule staff for adequate coverage during events at the home office and at remote locations as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive system documentation.
- Report directly to the IT Director.
- Networking/Security, VMWare, Scale, AWS, and Linux experience required
- Highly organized and the ability to prioritize workload and manage responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate both progress and impediments to stakeholders within the organization.
- Solid technical understanding of modern information technology systems.
- Ability to lead and motivate multiple resources to achieve common goals.
- Calm and objective approach when under pressure.
- Passionate about learning and always looking to sharpen skills.
- Willingness to listen and eagerness to understand the full scope of a problem before offering up solutions.
- Experience planning and implementing hardware and software rollouts to maximize uptime and availability.
- Natural ability to teach and train users via written documentation and in-person sessions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software applications and services including Server OS, Workstation OS, and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of implementing and/or managing Google Workplace integrations within an enterprise.
- Working knowledge of virtualization software and systems (VMWare, Scale)
- Experience implementing and managing Cisco Meraki
- Experience working with Mac OS and Apple hardware in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Ubuntu or other similar flavors of Linux.
- Openness to choose the right tool to achieve the best solution for the company