Website Application Development
Reference Code: 5509
Location: Warren, Michigan 48093 (Currently work from home but must be willing to relocate)
Duration: 1+ Year with possibility of extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an JAVA Developer who will be responsible for designing and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 7 years’ experience
- Defines site objectives by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Java, Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging.
- Preferred: PCF microservice development.
- Preferred: WebLogic 126.96.36.199 development.
- Preferred: ReactJS GUI development.
- Preferred: Pair programming.
- Preferred: Test Driven Development.
- Preferred: SAFe, Agile or XP development.
- 3+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- 3+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle.
- 3+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience.
- Proficiency with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven.
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks).
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP).
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to function with new technologies.
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review.
- Over 3 years of software development experience in Java services.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues.
- 3+ years’ experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoring?tools.??
- SiteScope?and HP Enterprise?Operations Bridge?Manager is a plus.?
- 2+ years’ experience Linux/Unix shell scripting and/or Python.?
- 2+ years’ experience creating and running JUnit Tests.
- 1+ year experience with the ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana.?
- Working knowledge with WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).?
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).?
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc.)
- Experience with Groovy, Kubernetes or Docker?containers is?a plus.
- Potentially build and enhance back end PCF microservices.
- Potentially build and enhance WebLogic 188.8.131.52 Java based backend services.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar from an Accredited Institution.
- Preferred: SAFe certified.
- Preferred: Design For Six Sigma certified.
Work Site Description:
The candidate must be willing to relocate to one of the three innovation centres CCSM works out of: 1) Warren Michigan, 2) Roswell Georgia, 3) Austin Texas. We currently are all working from home, so the candidate must be willing and able to work in a virtual working environment.
Preferred Work Schedule:
Core hours are approx. 9:30am EST to 4:00pm EST, and we have a flexible working environment.
For more information, please call our Recruiter Terra Stahlbaum directly at 847.440.2464. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Terra.Stahlbaum@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!