Reference Code: 5640
Location: Warren, MI 48093
Duration: 1+ Year with possible extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Lead Engineer who will be responsible for Training, developing and evaluating employees and providing technical support for solving assembly plant problems.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, develops and evaluates employees.
- Develops and coordinates timing of product design programs.
- Provides technical support for solving assembly plant problems.
- Conducts engineering activities for VDP all phases of vehicle programs.
- Evaluates design proposals.
- Coordinates overall engineering activities with other departments and/or divisions.
- Initiates and evaluates cost studies.
- Coordinates with vendors and/or customers.
- Writes technical reports and proposals.
- Reviews legislative and regulatory proposals or actions to determine impact on projects.
- Almost constant contact with others outside the work group.
- Recognized as an expert in field of work.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Release Side Closures parts – from sheet metal to hardware.
- Depending on candidates experience working on current product to new programs.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level.
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level.
- Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
- Partners with senior management to analyse and solve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of design, development and test engineering, manufacturing processes, assembly operations and Central Office functions.
- Position related experience – 14 years.
- Relevant auto industry experience required – 7-9 years.
- Past work experience required – Entry level (<1 year) Areas of expertise include: Testing, Design, Analysis.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Preferred Work Schedule:
Monday through Friday.
Typical Day in the Role
- Product Engineer (Open to years of experience from out of college with co-ops up to 10 years)
- Look at Warranty Number – Check Issues and advise plans and approve
- Look at customer complaint and resolve
- Work with plant on issues with products
- Mid-cycle – work with components
Hardware Lead (Targeting at least 3 years of experience)
- Integrate components
- Statement requirements
- Technical Specifications
- Work with engineers working on the doors and make sure integration is proper
- Experience with releasing components and work orders
Top 3 Required Skills:
- Problem Solving
- Understanding Technical Hardware Components
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to email@example.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!