Website Application Development
Reference Code: 4522
Job Title: Linux Engineer
Location: Allen Park, MI 48101 (Remote till July 2021)
Duration: 25+ Months
Be part of the transformation of Company’s infrastructure solutions to meet challenges of the next generation applications supporting internal business, mobile applications, and autonomous vehicle application hosting requirements. This lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) position will design and provision infrastructure such as RedHat OpenStack (primary) supporting cloud native applications alongside a geographically distributed team. Emphasis will be on container strategies and ecosystem such as Docker and Kubernetes supporting Company’s rapidly increasing data and compute requirements. These environments will be both multi-cloud and on-prem datacenter (bare metal, VMWare). We are seeking a motivated individual with a drive to be on the technology cutting edge while helping change the culture of IT towards a more nimble and iterative methodology.
- (3+ years) Strong Linux knowledge on multiple platforms (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, SUSE).
- (1+ years) Experience in use of Kubernetes.
- (1+ years) Experience in use of container technologies.
- (2+ years) In-depth use of Cloud-based PaaS and IaaS.
- (2+ years) Experience with GIT and CI/CD pipelines using Concourse and/or Jenkins.
- Experience using PaaS solutions such as Cloud Foundry.
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language. Go and/or Bourne Shell preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RESTFUL API concepts and JSON formats.
- Working knowledge of application development architectures, web deployment methodologies and mobile technologies.
- This position requires a wide breadth of skills and experience in-order to develop new application hosting platforms and strategies.
- Experience with IT Automation products such as Terraform, Chef, etc.
- Experience with VMWare version 6+ and orchestration suites (e.g. vRealize).
- Experience with network load balancers (SLB, GSLB).
- Exceptional technical writing skills (run books, DR plans, platform architecture, etc.)
- Ability to work with a variety of cross functional teams to support deployment to remote locations across the global.
- Must a self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team with minimum supervision.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Bachelor preferred but not required