Manufacturing Prcess Engineer
Reference Code: 5653
Title: Manufacturing Process Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI 48211
Duration: 1+ Year with possible extension
Our client is a Fortune 50 company and one of the world's largest Automotive manufacturing company, is looking to hire an Manufacturing Process Engineer who will be responsible evaluating the manufacturing process and equipment for assigned areas of plant.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposes and evaluates manufacturing process and equipment for assigned areas of plant.
- Directs the development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment Evaluates expenditures for processes and/or equipment.
- Provides technical assistance and training for assigned plant operations.
- Regular contact with others outside the work group.
- Works closely with production and maintenance personnel and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Analyse tooling and equipment and select proper steps for solution.
- Meet plant goals and standards in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives.
- Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required.
- Supports/implements the QS9000/ISO14001/Manufacturing System compliance processes.
Specific Responsibilities of this Position:
- Provide day to day scanning data to the body and quality team.
- Keep all metrology tooling – (including Vision, Laser Gage, Faro, checking fixtures, ITAC & ETAC fixtures, etc.) in proper working order per specified standards to maintain PCP compliance and reduce measurement system error.
- Support plant dimensional lead by actively participating in plant dimensional team activities, set priorities and drive issue resolution.
- Support documented quality checking plan.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled dimensional meetings to review top issues.
- Support dimensional lead in GCA, DRR, FTQ, DRL and CPIT problem resolution activities and ensure proper communication between internal and external stake holders.
- Maintain dimensional data flow (through the dimensional data manager) to ensure integral data is being displayed in appropriate sites (CDIS, GDIS) and postings to Data Wall.
- Collaborate cross functionally with suppliers and internal customers to drive issue resolution.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Intermediate level.
- Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level.
- Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
- Partners with senior management to analyse and solve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Basic knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Position related experience – 6 years.
- Relevant auto industry experience required – 1-3 years.
- Past work experience required – Entry level (<1 year).
- Areas of expertise include: Manufacturing, Assembly Process.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Preferred Work Schedule:
For more information, please call our Recruiter Raul Brown directly at 248.997.4535. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to Raul.Brown@bluestonestaffing.com
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding job opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!