Website Supply Chain
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire a Materials Planner for their Tuscaloosa, AL facility. This person will be responsible for the accuracy of the Materials Requisition Program (MRP) system as it relates to inventories, production planning, and order fulfillment.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain adequate inventories to support operations while minimizing inventory investments
- Oversee order fulfillment for internal and external customers
- Monitor and manage the MRP system in order to plan and purchase supplier raw materials
- Design and implement a pull system such as the “Kanban-based” (just-in-time), shop floor scheduling system to meet customer need dates and minimize inventory
- Provide oversight for inbound/outbound logistics and inventory control
- Perform cycle counting process to maintain inventory accuracy
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce transaction costs, freight expenses, and inventory levels
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of various agencies (e.g. US Customs), ethical practices, and internal controls
Requirements for consideration include:
Knowledge of central warehousing and distribution operations. Knowledge of pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances and rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- 2+ years in plant materials / logistics, preferably in an automotive manufacturing plant
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of principles and practices of inventory control
- Knowledge of data processing concepts related to material management and budget monitoring
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, train and evaluate assigned staff.
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Tuscaloosa, AL.