Material Planning & Logistics Manager
Website Supply Chain
Reference Code: 4333
Our client, a leading Tier 1 automotive manufacturing organization, is currently seeking a Material Planning & Logistics (MP&L) Manager for their Chelsea, MI plant. Reporting directly to the Plant Director, this person will be responsible for customer service, material planning, production scheduling, receiving, shipping, material handling, inventory management and inventory control.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Leads, directs, and mentors the MP&L Team including Schedulers, Buyers, Materials Group Leaders, and other Materials Team Members.
- Defines the facility MP&L strategy, optimizing material planning and logistics processes and systems to achieve lowest total cost and highly reliable delivery.
- Develops and drives operational excellence through people & process-oriented leadership supported by lean logistics concepts.
- Implements, maintains, enhances, and ensures the use of ERP system (SAP).
- Translates system-generated data into actionable operational improvements.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in accordance with IATF standards.
- Assures delivery of product to the customer at the right time, in the right quantity and in the right quality.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in directly managing material control employees and activities
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodologies (i.e. pull system, JIT, SMED, standardized work)
- Demonstrated analytical, assertiveness, prioritizing, and multi-tasking capabilities
- APICS Certification a plus
- ERP experience required; SAP experience preferred
This is a full-time, salaried position requiring a daily presence in Chelsea, MI.