Reference Code: 4339
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire an Operations Manager for their Hammond, IN plant. This person will coordinate and direct the safe, efficient, and economical operation of the manufacturing plant, maximizing operating efficiencies with minimum interruption, by coordinating material movement and equipment operation to meet customer's specifications.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Direct, motivate and manage plant operations personnel to create a high-performance team environment
- Determine appropriate staffing levels to assure productivity and cost goals are met
- Identify, direct, and manage continuous cost improvement initiatives
- Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures
- Oversee internal audit of assigned operations; analyze procedures and ensure the plant operates in compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Analyze operational and administrative systems throughout the organization and develop integrated reports to evaluate operational/administrative effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage all functions from production scheduling to shipment
- Ensure compliance with all Safety, Quality, Company and Regulatory directives
- Direct activities in areas of safety and personnel, production, scheduling, material handling, purchasing, maintenance, engineering, etc.
Requirements for consideration include:
- BS degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a plant operations supervisory or managerial role.
- Must have leadership experience in a large automotive manufacturing plant
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) to ensure that all aspects of operations and processes meet specified regulations
- Knowledge of the various functions of an automotive plant such as maintenance, quality, production control, safety, quality, operations, and materials
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Hammond, IN.