Reference Code: 4351
Position Title: Pharmacist I
Location: 100% remote position, Long Beach, CA 90802
Duration: 2 months with possible extension
Target start date: 11/2/2020
- UM Clinical Pharmacist
- 100% remote position. Candidate can be located anywhere in the US
- Candidate must have a NM, FL, or NY Pharmacist license to qualify for the position
- Candidate must have reliable home internet and a private work space.
- Day to day responsibilities: Contractor will be required to use clinical knowledge and judgement to complete out Prior Authorizations, Appeals, and Peer to Peer calls.
- Contractor will also be expected to follow team guidelines to ensure PA are completed within TAT guidelines, meet state regulations, and represent client with high standards and professionalism.
- 8 hour shifts, anytime between Monday – Friday, 7:00AM CST – 10:00PM CST, weekends are a possibility
- The licensed pharmacist will function as the Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) as defined by the State Plan Board of Pharmacy.
- In addition to those essential duties, the CHCN pharmacist will be knowledgeable of, the follow all regulations as set forth by Patient Assistance Programs.
- This individual will also follow all of the clinic and County regulations regarding the pharmacy operations.
- Travel to the other clinic locations as needed.
- Review prescriptions issued by providers to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise the pharmacy employees.
- Carry out the pharmacy responsibilities in accordance with the State Plan Board of Pharmacy and the CHCN policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of the state laws concerning the practice of pharmacy.
- Counsel patients as needed on their medications.
- Fill prescriptions and initial every prescription to ensure accuracy
- Keep an accurate inventory of the Astra Zeneca and Alcon medications and other sub-inventories as requested.
- Conduct a monthly inventory of the control medications.
- Report control prescriptions filled to the prescription monitoring program on a bi-weekly basis
- Sign and date all invoices.
- Pull and mail expired medications to the appropriate place as needed
- Order medications as needed within the allowable budget.
- Motivate pharmacy staff to perform well.
- Be conscious of the costs and the pharmacy budget
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Open to new suggestion/ideas on improving the pharmacy.
- Maintain the pharmacy security.
- Treat staff and patients with respect.
- State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties other than those listed above in order of importance)
- Ability to work in a busy clinical setting with a multi-lingual/cultural and multi-age patient and staff population.
- Ability to assess and respond to urgent issues in a competent manger.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships and communication with the County and CHCN staff at all levels of the organization.
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Work at other sites to accommodate patient load.
- Professional attitude and adherence to office policies and procedures is required.
- Must maintain patient confidentiality.
- Serves as good ambassador for when working with non-staff County staff, volunteers, visiting consultants, residents, and other health professions trainees.
- Actively integrates County deployed staff into the team concept.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers, and customers
- Required Education: Maintain an active Pharmacist License
- Complete the required CE’s (continuing education credits) to maintain an active license
- Required Experience: 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with pharmaceutical companies’ patient assistance programs is preferred
- Required Licensure/Certification: Licensed Pharmacist