Plant Controlls Engineer
Reference Code: 6853
Hi, my name is Sara Byron. I am a Senior Recruiter with blueStone Staffing. My whole focus is working with the Top Engineering professionals in the country.
I have a job opportunity available for a Plant Controls Engineer with a great company in the Hammond, IN area. Please review the below job description and e-mail your resume to email@example.com if interested. Thank you!
Job Title: Plant Controls Engineer
Employment Type: Direct Hire, Permanent Placement
Location: Hammond, IN
Shift: 1st Shift: Mon – Thur (6am – 6pm), OT Eligible / 3rd Shift: Fri & Sat (6am-6pm) Sun & Mon (6pm – 6am), OT Eligible — Has flex: Fri & Sat (6am – 4:40pm) Sun & Mon (6:30pm – 4am)
Status: Accepting Candidates
Compensation: Competitive salary with medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, pension ? OT time ? is available
Our client, one of the Nation's leading auto manufacturers, is looking to identify a seasoned Plant Controls Engineer with manufacturing plant experience to join their team on 1st or 3rd shift.
In this role your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Design, develop, and streamline various aspects of electrical controls systems, general electrical circuitry, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and machinery in the plant with use of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electric, HMI Software/ Design, and/or E-Plan
- Provide direction and be able to execute the programming for, installation of, and technical troubleshooting support of PLC ladder-logic based hardware and software applications throughout the plant
- Provide controls and systems engineering support for emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production peak and off-peak run times as needed
- Able to work with cross functional groups, as well as work effectively with Plant Engineers and Maintenance Supervisors to complete projects on time and within schedule.
- Able to read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, machinery assembly drawings, create component hardware BOMs, and determine additional system/hardware components for the design of electrical control systems and circuitry diagrams to perform required maintenance and service
- Able to diagnose process and machinery problems utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques, replace or repair equipment parts, test, and adjust as required
- Assist with and provide guidance for the compliance of plant safety regulations such as (Arch Flash Electrical Safety- NFPA-70E; LOTO, Energized Work Permits, Safe Cell Entry).
Role Minimum Requirements:
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580
- 3 – 5+ years of Electrical Controls/System Engineering industry experience ? in plant setting
- Aptitude towards HMI Design
- Experience and working knowledge of CNC/FANUC machines ? preferred
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and basic networking applications and practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of plant power distribution equipment and controls
- Experience and working knowledge of robot teach points and programming code understanding
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Related Field or an Associates Degree, relevant certification, or relevant work history/experience