Process Controls Engineer – Hammond
Reference Code: 4424
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire an experienced Controls Engineer for their Hammond, IN facility. This person will design, develop and streamline various aspects of electrical controls systems, general electrical circuitry, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and machinery in the plant.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, develop and streamline various aspects of electrical controls systems, general electrical circuitry, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and machinery in the plant with use of AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electric, HMI Software/ Design, and/or E-Plan
- Provide direction and be able to execute the programming for, installation of, and technical troubleshooting support of PLC ladder-logic based hardware and software applications throughout the plant
- Provide controls and systems engineering support for emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production peak and off-peak run times as needed
- Work with cross functional groups, as well as work effectively with Plant Engineers and Maintenance Supervisors to complete projects on time and within schedule
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics and machinery assembly drawings, create component hardware BOMs, and determine additional system/hardware components for the design of electrical control systems and circuitry diagrams to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose process and machinery problems utilizing root cause failure analysis techniques, replace or repair equipment parts, test and make adjustments as required
- Assist with and provide guidance for the compliance of plant safety regulations such as (Arch Flash Electrical Safety- NFPA-70E; LOTO, Energized Work Permits, Safe Cell Entry).
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of Electrical Controls/System Engineering experience
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580
- Strong skills in HMI Design, Preferably FactoryTalk View and Ignition; WonderWare. LabVIEW
- Familiarity with Ethernet/IP and basic networking applications and practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of plant power distribution equipment and controls
This is a fulltime, salaried role that requires a daily presence in Hammond, IN.