Our specialty electronics manufacturing client is currently looking to hire an experienced Production Manager for their facility in Hatfield, PA.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Production Manager provides clear leadership for the production staff, manages resources to meet commitments to customers and financial goals across all the lines of business. This role has ownership and accountability for all production activities.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that monthly financial and other performance targets are fully understood and communicated with production team and senior management.
- Understand and plan production capacity within each area of the production floor.
- Develop daily and forward-looking production plans and chair the daily production meeting.
- Track the location of work-in-progress on the production floor providing updates on job status and current ship dates.
- Analyze backlog and communicate results to anticipate unit volume demand and manage resources as needed to achieve objectives.
- Assign clear roles and tasks to direct reports in addition to devising performance metrics, track and report performance.
- Identify root cause and facilitate development of corrective actions for late deliveries.
- Reduce production costs through leveraging automation and cross-training.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Determine the appropriate staffing levels to meet delivery commitments and financial goals.
- Ensure that the production area is organized, neat and meet ITAR requirements.
Requirements for consideration include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of Production Management experience in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP database.
- Detail-oriented, with a logical and data analysis driven approach to problem-solving/decision making.
- Experience with AS9100 and ESD facility preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position that requires a daily presence in Hatfield, PA.