Please note this is a 3rd shift opportunity – candidates MUST be willing to work 3rd shift for consideration.
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier, is currently looking to hire a Production Superintendent for their Tuscaloosa, AL facility. This person will be responsible for providing support of all production functions by assisting plant employees in regard to daily assignments and tasks, training, and work schedules.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in directing and coordinating the work activities of employees engaged in complex assembly work
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and team members as needed to determine and achieve Takt time targets
- Read and analyze charts, work orders and production schedules in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Assist in planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to identify defects or malfunctions
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training
- Observe work, and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards
- Enforce health and safety and environmental regulations
- Resolve worker problems and complaints
- Perform all other work as assigned by management
Requirements for consideration include:
- HS Diploma required (College degree strongly preferred)
- Prior automotive manufacturing industry experience in a supervisory role is required
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, etc.
- Knowledge of resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and material resources
- Experience operating pneumatic tools
- Physical ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds
This is a fulltime, 3rd shift role that requires a daily presence in Tuscaloosa, AL.