Production Supervisor 4
Reference Code: 4887
Title: Production Supervisor 4
Location: Lansing, MI 48917
Duration: 51 Weeks, 5 Days With possibility of extension
Shift: 1st , 2nd
Production Group Leader
Supervise a group of 40-70 production operators in General Assembly 5 or 6 days per week based on scheduled production.
Typical Day –
The Group Leader role is very fast paced and the majority of the day / night you are on your feet. We are on two shifts currently and applicant will need to be available to work either shift. Daily and weekend overtime is mandatory. They may rotate shifts on a regular basis based on need. There is before shift planning / meeting time and after shift debrief time required.
Must have skills –
- Experience in Leading multiple groups of teams and abilities required for effective supervision of employees
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic math Oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of basic automotive technology
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Minimum high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employee and elicit work output
- Experience working in a Union environment Knowledge of and ability to insure a safe industrial work environment.
Worksite Description / Work Schedule
The work is on site in a manufacturing plant. There is no remote work for this position There are COVID related protocols that must be followed at all times. Every employee goes through a screening process to enter the plant daily. Once through the process every employee is required to wear a company issued mask and safety glasses and there are no exceptions for this requirement.
Current production shifts are – First Shift : 630am – 4:00pm ( there is a pre-production meeting at 6:00 that is required and a general wrap up at end of shift). Night Shift : 5:00pm until 2:30 am ( there is a pre-production meeting at 4:30pm that is required and a general wrap up at end of shift). We are working 1-3 Saturdays a month. As an SOC Group Leader, there may be weeks when we are fully staffed and will not need the persons services. These times are rare, but can happen based on schedules. For 2020 none of my SOC GL’s had any nonscheduled time. Business casual is the dress code.
Preferred Work Schedule:
We are on a 2 shift operation — needs to be available on both shifts. Production overtime including scheduled Saturdays is mandatory.
Fit For Work Required