Website Application Development
Reference Code: 6805
Location: Hybrid (Downtown Chicago)
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Compensation: Competitive pay with medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k with company contribution.
Our client, one of the nation's largest building material manufacturers and distributors, is seeking a Project Manager who will lead the planning and implementation of IT projects using established IT PMO processes, tools, and techniques in all aspects of SDLC (based on standard PMBOK processes). This individual will Coordinate the work effort of a project with assigned resources, including Business Analysts (BA), Quality Analysts (QA), Developers, Stakeholders and Sponsors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide weekly status reports to the PMO and project sponsor in a standard format. Highlight project issues and project risks that could cause the project to not meet expectations. Highlight change requests and follow the approval process.
- Participate in cross-project planning to resolve conflicts in project priorities, resourcing, schedule and scope.
- Assist the PMO with performing project team assessments and evaluations.
- Maintain/update the PMO?s information management system.
- Assist, as required, with the preparation of reports and presentation materials for steering committee meetings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is desirable, but not required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of system development life cycle
- Knowledge of PMBOK processes, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of SDLC/ITIL
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications:Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, planning, presentation and customer service skills
For more information, please call Terra Stahlbaum directly at 847.440.2464. To submit your application, click on the 'Apply for Job' link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
blueStone Staffing recruits top talent for some of the most desired companies on a contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire basis. We take pride in presenting our candidates with great opportunities that they may not have exposure to elsewhere. By working with blueStone, you'll have access to rewarding opportunities, competitive compensation, and industry leading benefits packages. We look forward to helping you land your next career opportunity and achieving your goals!