Project/Program Manager I (Non-IT)
Reference Code: 4857
Position Title: Project/Program Manager II (Non-IT)
Location: REMOTE, Irving, TX, 75060
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Target start date: 3/18/2021
- Position is 100% remote and will likely transition back to the office once reopen, though this is negotiable.
- Office is located in Irving, TX, but manager is interested in reviewing candidates outside of Irving.
o Keen eye for detail and the ability to be well-organized
o Critical thinking and execution (ability to be proactive)
o Technically savvy – intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
o Experience with SharePoint or other shared site concepts
o Ability to communicate well, both orally and written (includes note-taking and documentation)
o Advanced presentation skills
o Experience in Health Plan Operations and/or Managed Care (Claims, Configuration, Provider Data and Credentialing, Compliance, Call Center, Appeals and Grievances, etc.)
o Experience writing and reviewing requirements documents
o Experience researching state requirements
o Experience managing high-profile/highly visible Health Plan related projects
o Act as centralized point of contact to organize assignments and support work done by the project coordinator staff
o Work along-side the Health Plan Operations Leadership to track inquiries from other internal stakeholders, and deliverables due to externally to regulators—both scheduled and adhoc in nature.
o Help manage project related work for Health Plan Operations
– Process Improvement strategies
– Update documentation – P&Ps, desk aids, etc.
o Support Health Plan Operations Leadership in meeting defined milestones for critical projects, including both internal and external in nature (i.e. state implementations)
o Host status calls with health plan executives and other staff as appropriate
Responsible for simple to intermediate projects and project teams made up of internal and external resources to deliver business solutions and services to the department. Interacts closely with internal staff, external corporate departments, and Health Plans to define the project parameters and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, and project status reports/communications. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals under general supervision. Projects may vary to include the following: system implementations, internal/cross functional department process improvement initiatives, implementation of new state health plans, and implementation of new product lines.
• Manages all aspects of assigned projects throughout the development project lifecycle including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
• Develop and maintain detailed project plan to include milestones, tasks, and target/actual dates of completion.
• Revises project plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Prepares and submits project status reports to management.
• Schedules and conducts project meetings to include logistics, agendas, and meeting minutes.
• Conducts regularly scheduled project status update meetings.
• Develop process workflows as it relates to assigned projects and/or to support internal process improvement initiatives.
• Interfaces, when appropriate, with all areas affected by the project to include internal subject matter experts, external corporate departments, and Health Plans.
• Collaborates well with all levels of personnel within the company; and provides exemplary customer service.
• Complies with required workplace safety standards.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assimilate and articulate simple business solutions and project approaches
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to be flexible while adapting quickly to change
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Analysis, synthesis, and problem solving skills
• Deductive and inductive thinking skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to make effective business decisions
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Ablilty to successfully manage a small project or defined sub-project within a larger project using a prescribed approach.
• Ability to document project management deliverables such as WBS, roles & responsibilities, meeting minutes, action items.
• Demonstrate knowledge of health plan operations and major healthcare technology applications
• Ability to clearly articulate the primary functions in a health plan
• Knowledge of the major health plan sub-processes
• Ability to clearly articulate the differences between health plan product lines
• Ability to abide by policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Bachelors degree
• 0-2 years of formal project management experience (will accept project participation in lieu of management experience)
• 0-2 years of systems implementation (Will accept core project team participation in another role in lieu of systems implementation experience.)